adding waymark

Please don't think me too stupid, but I want to know if I have what Waymarking is. I understand that it is not cache, it is a place that is of interest to me and other geocachers So you log a Waymark that you have been there but there is no cache to find Thanks for you help.

Welcome minichilipepper.

Yes, a waymark is a place (or item) of interest that you document with coords, photos, and usually text. You can post a waymark (create and submit one to the category and it will be reviewed by an officer in that category), or you can visit a waymark (go find it, take a photo, and log your visit online). Be careful to read the category requirements for creating and visiting a waymark, since they can vary greatly.

There are well over 1,000 waymark categories-so you can choose which ones interest you and ignore the rest.

Edit: Many people who are not involved in geocaching view waymark pages, and some waymarkers have never geocached. But it is very convenient that your geocaching username/password are the same for Waymarking.

I hope that helps.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 2

I think perhaps the easiest way to 'see' what is Waymarking is to put your location in on the main Waymarking page and hit 'search.' Hopefully, you will see Waymarks done by others that you can go visit. If you enjoy the 'visit' part, then take a look at the Categories pages (show all categories) and see if there is anything that raises your interest. Art? History? Sports? Click on that category, read how to post a Waymark (show additional information) and go for it.

Easy to find Waymarkable items include public sculpture, murals, wi-fi hotspots, historical markers, cemeteries. These can be found at almost any location. Then all you need is some way to take GPS coordinates (GPS receiver or newer smartphones) and a camera (newer smartphones have a camera but you will soon find the desire for a good zoom on your camera!). Voila! You are becoming addicted to Waymarking!!

There are many experienced Waymarkers who are always happy to help.

Take care and enjoy,

Outspoken1

1 hour ago, Heva said:

hello,

Some time ago I posted a new waymark https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm15J0Q_Kiste_Trui_Mook_NL until this day it is still nog published. I send a message to the category (Famous Fictional Figures) owners but they do not respont Is this category still active or what ?

Kind regards Hans Heva

Your waymark was already published.

https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm15J0Q_Kiste_Trui_Mook_NL

Edited by Max and 99
On 2/21/2022 at 12:17 AM, ScroogieII said:

At the moment I'm not willing to yet again go through the seemingly endless task of contacting category members in hopes of a reply, in order to have myself, or preferably another member, elevated to officership in the category, so perhaps you could step in and pick an appropriate name from the list and reinvigorate the category?!?!?!?!?!?!?1?

Rereading the category description, I would also volunteer.

On 12/27/2012 at 8:32 PM, minichilipepper said:

Please don't think me too stupid, but I want to know if I have what Waymarking is. I understand that it is not cache, it is a place that is of interest to me and other geocachers So you log a Waymark that you have been there but there is no cache to find Thanks for you help.

Stupid and ignorant are, as a rule, quite apart from one another.

You've already,  even before asking your question,  divined the concept which underlies Waymarking, so you're certainly NOT stupid.

Prior to your arrival you may have been, to some small extent, ignorant of the concept of Waymarking. That idea, too, seems to be in the rear view mirror, taking "ignorant" with it.

Since it's apparent you're neither stupid nor ignorant, you already "have a leg up" on many who pass through these halls.

Welcome to the weirdness that is Waymarking. Try it. If you like it, it just may happen to coincide with other, more (or less) developed interests of yours.

In any event, WELCOME TO Waymarking!!!

You'll either love it or you'll become uninterested or indifferent, but it's quite unlikely that you'll hate it.

Keith

On 2/21/2022 at 11:59 PM, FamilieFrohne said:

Rereading the category description, I would also volunteer.

Eric - The post that you've replied to has been deleted by me, for whatever reason. If you still wish to volunteer, write me. You have my addy. I'll explain.

Keith