GCExplorer - Windows 8

Hello,

I created an application to enjoy geocaching on Windows 8 and it has been published on the Windows Store yesterday.

GCExplorer allows you to plan your future caches hunts at home on your computer, and then outdoor offline with your tablet.

Features list:

-Find caches near you directly on a map by different criteria

-Show all data about caches (Description, hint, logs, images, trackables, waypoints …)

-Navigate to the cache using GPS (with compatible device)

-Manage your favorites

-Logs your visits and trackables (offline mode supported)

-Save your personal notes

-Show and create custom waypoints for the multi-caches

-Access your bookmark lists

-Access your Pocket Queries, and download them in zip or gpx format

-Download the caches in your offline lists and then use them outdoor

Visit the website: http://www.gcexplorer.com

Or access directly the Windows Store to download it:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/gcexplorer/b3563242-bc15-452a-9c96-d6bb1716dec8

You can use the application 15 days for free.

Let me your comments about this app to improve it.

Edited by vulvulune

Can you make an app that makes Windows 8 enjoyable? Because I'm not feeling the love for that monster of an operating system...

Anyway, the app looks great. If it works half as good as it looks, you've got a great app there.

Windows 8 is not so bad. If you use it one week, after you will love it and don't want to change your OS. But it's true, the first week is pretty hard.

For the app, I'm a better developer than designer so I think it works well, and if you find any bug I will correct them very quickly.

For your information, an update in now available. If you have alreday the application, you can update it from the Windows Store (Updates button on the top right corner). If you don't have the application yet, go to www.gcexplorer.com to download it. (Free 15 days trial)

What are the news in this version:

-A better user interface more friendly and intuitive

-A new home screen with a real Windows 8 app design

-You can now filter your searches with "Exclude my caches", "Exclude my finds", "Only available", "Only premium".

-You can sort the caches into an offline list

-You can download to gpx format any cache.

If you have any question or comment, you can contact me.

This application is only available on Windows 8 and Windows RT (tablets).

I have updated GCExplorer on my Microsoft Surface RT. The update for the apps is very much improved. I was able to download on my Explorist GC 50 caches. Will do more test tomorrow. If my tablet and this software works together it will be great to download caches while away from home.

For your information, an update in now available. If you have alreday the application, you can update it from the Windows Store (Updates button on the top right corner). If you don't have the application yet, go to www.gcexplorer.com to download it. (Free 15 days trial)

What are the news in this version:

-A better user interface more friendly and intuitive

-A new home screen with a real Windows 8 app design

-You can now filter your searches with "Exclude my caches", "Exclude my finds", "Only available", "Only premium".

-You can sort the caches into an offline list

-You can download to gpx format any cache.

If you have any question or comment, you can contact me.

This application is only available on Windows 8 and Windows RT (tablets).

It seems development has stopped on this app... if it hasn't could the developer please advise what is happening with the many outstanding feature requests and needs, such as loading offline pocket queries etc.