Using GPSMAP 62, Have Premium Membeship, but....

Torlang

Got a Premium membership tonight, and I can't for the live of me get the cache descriptions to show up on the GPS. The caches show up (downloaded one by one using "Send to GPS")

So I have two questions:

How do I get the Cache descriptions to show up?

How do I download several cahes all at once?...Using pocket Query??

I am pretty sure both of the questions have been asked before, but I appreciate any help :-)..

Got a Premium membership tonight, and I can't for the live of me get the cache descriptions to show up on the GPS. The caches show up (downloaded one by one using "Send to GPS")

So I have two questions:

How do I get the Cache descriptions to show up?

How do I download several cahes all at once?...Using pocket Query??

I am pretty sure both of the questions have been asked before, but I appreciate any help :-)..

I logged out and back in, and all of a sudden the descriptions and logs show up on the GPSMAP :-) Cool.

Still need an answer reg. d/l more than one cache to the gps :-)

Torlang,

Welcome to the addiction. :grin:

You might want to check out a piece of software called GSAK (www.gsak.net). A lot of geocachers use it in conjunction with PQs to load up their GPSrs with specific groupings of geocaches. For example, next year I will be working on getting caches older that 1/1/2006. (It's not always about the numbers) I can load up GSAK with a pocket query of all goecaches within a 50 mile range and then run it through GSAK to further narrow down the list. That way I don't have to keep going back to run a PQ to get all geocaches within the radius and then run another one for the older ones. BTW, there's a whole lot more you can do with GSAK as well.

Torlang,

Welcome to the addiction. :grin:

You might want to check out a piece of software called GSAK (www.gsak.net). A lot of geocachers use it in conjunction with PQs to load up their GPSrs with specific groupings of geocaches. For example, next year I will be working on getting caches older that 1/1/2006. (It's not always about the numbers) I can load up GSAK with a pocket query of all goecaches within a 50 mile range and then run it through GSAK to further narrow down the list. That way I don't have to keep going back to run a PQ to get all geocaches within the radius and then run another one for the older ones. BTW, there's a whole lot more you can do with GSAK as well.

Thanks a bunch. I'll check GSAK out.