"took it"

solrac72

Hello Geocachers,

First time on this forum. I've noticed with trackables that in the logs it has geocachers with "took it" from one geocache to another. They did not retrieve, nor discover, nor dropped off the trackable but just took it along. How do I do this too with the trackables in my possession? Thank you in advance for your help.

Solrac72

When you log your find online, at the bottom of the form will be a list of trackables in your inventory. For each trackable, there is a select element for "Action" in the rightmost column. You can select "Dropped Off" or "Visited" for each trackable.

Or you can click the "All Dropped Off" or "All Visited" links at the bottom of the list of trackables.

Just a further comment about Visits for trackables...

It's a useful feature if you want to show that a trackable went with you to a special/interesting/relevant to the mission cache...

But for trackable owners it can sometimes be less than a blessing. If you 'visit' their trackable to each and every one of many many caches you visit, regardless, they see only lots of logs down the page which say "Cacher Whatever took it to CacheName". There's no further info, no photograph, no reason given as to why the trackable went there. Frankly, it can be really boring! Yes, it's good that their trackable is safe with you and, yes, a visit log is better than having the trackable sit in your bag doing nothing at all for several weeks but it can be so much more interesting if you edit the Visit log to say something about why you took the item to that cache, or if you add a photo of the location, or something... anything!

Just sayin' ;)

MrsB :)