What program should I use for Geocaching with a Oregon 450?

Pensonfam

So I very recently got a new GPS. The Garmin Oregon 450. I am having some trouble with getting some geocaches on it. I downloaded BaseCamp, but I cant seem to figure out how to put some caches on there. It seems like there is only OpenCaching, which seems kinda terrible. How would I get caches from Geocaching.com onto my GPS? Maybe through BaseCamp? Is there a better program to use? I want to purchase Birds Eye Satellite imagery. Please help!

Thanks, PensonFam

So I very recently got a new GPS. The Garmin Oregon 450. I am having some trouble with getting some geocaches on it. I downloaded BaseCamp, but I cant seem to figure out how to put some caches on there. It seems like there is only OpenCaching, which seems kinda terrible. How would I get caches from Geocaching.com onto my GPS? Maybe through BaseCamp? Is there a better program to use? I want to purchase Birds Eye Satellite imagery. Please help!

Thanks, PensonFam

Take a look at "Pocket Queries". You can load an entire area's worth of caches, and filter them in many ways.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=118

You can manually copy "GPX" files, using the Oregon just like any USB drive. There's no software needed if you do it that way. http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Geocaching

I have some Garmin maps from a few years ago, and haven't upgraded, so I don't know everything that's available, but there's a limited selection of Garmin maps that work on the Oregon.

Edited by kunarion

Good choice on your unit.

Here's a wiki devoted to that selection.

I've run mine with City Navigator for years as I use it to navigate on road and then just use the off road/compass function.

I use GSAK to massage and tweak my PQ's and have the data show the way I like it on the unit.

There is a lot of great support in the GSAK forum for that product.