New christmas present

ORKY99

Never a dum question. Is it a up grade some will say yes others say no. I have a Magellan gc and have found around 700 caches with it sense last christmas love it. My first gps was a garmin etrex legend and I sill have and use it for some things. The garman is faster then the magellan on start up and I can hand enter coords quicker on it then the magellan but the magellon hold many more caches then the graman and has a few features and tools that the garman does not.Every gps unit I have looked at has its good and bad points it seems.I tend to look at my 2 gps units and also my cell phone as just more tools to make the find with. I have found in the past that sometimes one unit will be a little off the mark and other on the money to find the cache,the next time it might be the other way around. I was at a group cache event one time as 20 of us walked the trail half the gps units said cache was to the left and others to the right,farther up the trail this happened again but the grouping of units was different.There were high and low priced gps units in the group as well as cell phones and it made no differents.We often carry both units my wife will use one and myself the other and we have found it helps in making that find quicker or confirming that the gz is were it is on a day were you have thick cloud cover or thick tree cover.Best I can say is that any tool that can help you find the cache is good to have.