Couple of questions on a Garmin Etrex Legend HCx

OzzOzz

Hi,

Bought it used for a back-up, my main is the Oregon 550. Totally different animal.

First, is the only options on caches the number, can you toggle to a cache name?

Second,When I scroll to the cache number and 'click' on it with the joystick, sometimes it brings up the cache name, but mostly it asks 'Move?' and I can't get out of that mode.

Somehow, I also get locked into a waypoint, and I can't seem to get out of that. How do you clear that?

Thanks, I will continue to read the manual, but it is frustrating using it.

OzzOzz

Hi,

Bought it used for a back-up, my main is the Oregon 550. Totally different animal.

First, is the only options on caches the number, can you toggle to a cache name?

Second,When I scroll to the cache number and 'click' on it with the joystick, sometimes it brings up the cache name, but mostly it asks 'Move?' and I can't get out of that mode.

Somehow, I also get locked into a waypoint, and I can't seem to get out of that. How do you clear that?

Thanks, I will continue to read the manual, but it is frustrating using it.

OzzOzz

It will show by name IF you load them that way from something like GSAK. The name will be abbreviated though to about 10 characters or so.

To choose a cache to find you don't do it from the map screen. You go to Find and then Geocache, and scroll through that list and choose the one you want.