Magellan Explorist GC

the4scrips

Wondering if anyone can help. I looked on the forum to find my issue but did not find it.

I recently got a Magellan Explorist GC for geocaching. I am a new geocacher. I downloaded the file to send geocaches to my GPS.

When i have it communicating with the mac, it tells me the download was successful but it will only let me download one. I have to unplug my GPS from the computer, attach again and it will save another. I cannot seem to save more than one at a time.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

The4scrips

OK, I am a premium member so my method of doing this is different than what you will do. In your case, plug in the unit and let the Mac find it. Go to the Geocaching website and open the list of caches in your area. There will be a check box on the left side of the cache information, click that, and any others you want to load into your unit. Scroll down til you see the "download waypoints" button. Click on that and it will download into your Downloads folder if that is your default location. In Finder, find the .loc file you just downloaded. Now open your unit in Finder, it will be called Magellan. Drag the .loc file from your downloads into the Waypoints folder and it will transfer to your unit. It will be under the Waypoints (red flag) Hope this helps.

It doesn't affect the way the GPS works, per se. If you are a Premium member you can set up Pocket Queries, which is a filter that you set to email you a file. You can have it set to only show you caches within a certain area of you, different size caches, etc....you can then take this file and put it into your GPS and hit the woods. It eliminates a few steps and makes things simpler.