Wild Card Searches for caches...?

desuro

I recently picked up a Travel Bug in California that was started by a Boy Scout Troop and found in a Scout placed cache. We will add our local council strip to the TB and move it along but I want to find other Scout specific caches.

In searching for a suitable cache I used both the asterisk ( * ) and the quotes ( “ “ ) at the beginning and end of the word Scout as a wild card and got no results. To make it a little more complicated I am back in Maine for a bit and I would like to place the TB here so I would like to make a compound search by the word Scout and a Southern Maine Zip Code...

The only reason for looking for a Scout specific cache is so that the TB will gain council strips or Scout related patches as it moves along, hopefully be seen by other Scout Units.

Any hints for searching please..?

Thanks,

Rob

Not wild cards, but a scouting cache series, try Cache to Eagle

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?key=cache+to+eagle&submit4=Go

Once you find one, you may well find a Bookmarked list,which could make finding one near you a bit easier.

Get in the Game was another scout themed series, not so many of those left

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?key=Get+in+the+Game&submit4=Go

Thanks all, lots to select from there in the links and help provided...

I am in hopes of finding a cache in Maine so as to bring our oldest Grandson, a new Scout, along with us to place the Travel Bug... There are some in Mass so that is a possibility.

Happy Holidays to all here.

Thanks again,

Rob