Replacement Copy Tag of Duplicate Travel Bug Tag

jbuyense

The best one we have found so far is one of the Groundspeak authorized manufacturers ... GxProxy dot com.

They have several very reasonably priced options available.

+1 for this. I have not ordered any of these yet, but plan to. I also hear if your proxy gets stolen they will replace that at no cost (maybe shipping?).

Shaun

I have a few Travel Bugs I'd like to send back out. I was wondering if anyone knew where to purchase replacement copy tags, or just a duplicate travel bug dog tag? Thanks!

e227c4de-17d2-4bfd-9412-a9d7c7065988.jpg

I know about and like GxProxy but if you want to do it yourself, just go to a pet store. My of them have a self-serve dog tag engraving machine. You choose the tag style you want and the machine engraves whatever you want on it.

if you want to do it yourself, just go to a pet store. My of them have a self-serve dog tag engraving machine. You choose the tag style you want and the machine engraves whatever you want on it.

Be careful about that. I bought a few, and the first one I engraved had the logo "Petsmart" automatically engraved on it! So I returned the rest for a refund (the non-engraved ones). They said they can't shut off the logo. There was no advance warning that there would be a logo -- the examples had none.

Laminated cards are OK, and may last a couple of years or so, depending on humidity & temperature, and how much abuse they get while being moved.

I've made a few copies (and info tags), using acrylic keychains:

33dfpch.jpg

I sealed the seam with clear fingernail polish.

Edited by kunarion

The best one we have found so far is one of the Groundspeak authorized manufacturers ... GxProxy dot com.

They have several very reasonably priced options available.

+1 for this. I have not ordered any of these yet, but plan to. I also hear if your proxy gets stolen they will replace that at no cost (maybe shipping?).

Shaun

True (sort of). We had to replace several so far. Not exactly 'free' but most are under $3 for the replacement of travellers that were originally much more ($8+).

The section on their site for replacements shows -0- to begin with, but changes as you order a specific trackable.