Danish states

Mia&Jesper

In the Danish geocaching society has repeatedly been expressed a wwish that geocaching.com website should support the Danish states.

The Danish states are: (5 states)

Hovedstaden

Midtjylland

Nordjylland

Sjælland

Syddanmark

I know that several previously has made ​​a request on this, but hope that this post might help getting our wish fulfilled.

/ Jesper

No.

Toa Ignika

Danish Reviewer

Why not?

I do

None of the "me too" responses have provided a reason why this is a good idea either. Why should a "no" response be any different?

This is a "Feature Discussion and Suggestions" forum. If you want to support a suggestion made, it's going to have a lot more weight if you provide some kind of supportive evidence more that "I agree".

A few years ago the only countries which were broken down into sub-regions was the U.S. and Canada. Now there are quite a few countries which have been broken down into regions, including Italy, which has a far fewer number of caches.

No.

Toa Ignika

Danish Reviewer

Why not?

I do

None of the "me too" responses have provided a reason why this is a good idea either. Why should a "no" response be any different?

This is a "Feature Discussion and Suggestions" forum. If you want to support a suggestion made, it's going to have a lot more weight if you provide some kind of supportive evidence more that "I agree".

A few years ago the only countries which were broken down into sub-regions was the U.S. and Canada. Now there are quite a few countries which have been broken down into regions, including Italy, which has a far fewer number of caches.

No.

Toa Ignika

Danish Reviewer

Why not?

I do

I coud provide a reason, but NOT ind English, only in Dansi.

And the reson for I like to no why Toa Ignika say no, is not only becose he say no, alså becose he is a Reviewer, and I ges GS lisen more to him, than all os other.

Denmark consists of only one state. But the country is divided into 5 administrative units called regions. The division, however, does not in all cases make geographical sense. For example the island of Bornholm in the Baltic Sea belongs to the Capital Region (Copenhagen), and the region South Denmark (Syddanmark) includes both the southern part of the peninsula of Jutland (Jylland) and the island of Fuen (Fyn). I agree that it could be a good idea to divide Denmark into smaller parts for cache related search reasons. But then the division should be more geografically consistent, e.g. North Jutland, Middle Jutland, Southern Jutland, Fuen, Sealand without Capital Copenhagen, Capital Copenhagen and Bornholm.

Thomas

Denmark consists of only one state. But the country is divided into 5 administrative units called regions. The division, however, does not in all cases make geographical sense. For example the island of Bornholm in the Baltic Sea belongs to the Capital Region (Copenhagen), and the region South Denmark (Syddanmark) includes both the southern part of the peninsula of Jutland (Jylland) and the island of Fuen (Fyn). I agree that it could be a good idea to divide Denmark into smaller parts for cache related search reasons. But then the division should be more geografically consistent, e.g. North Jutland, Middle Jutland, Southern Jutland, Fuen, Sealand without Capital Copenhagen, Capital Copenhagen and Bornholm.

I agree that Denmark is 1 state, 5 regions, 98 municipalities and Christiansø. It is worth noting that Christiansø has 3 caches and since Christiansø is not in any region og municipality, it is owned and operated by the ministry of defense outside of the municipality system.

I also agree that a geografic division would make more sense (but would still be hard to define). However, the danish regions would probably be the most useful division if we are not to go down to municipality level and have 98 (99) regions.

I don't support this suggestion.

The Regions in Denmark constitute an arbitrary administrative subdivision of the country which is significant only for the national health care system. They were introduced six years ago and they have no cultural heritage. Elevating this system as a subdivision for geocaching purposes would be misleading. It seems to me that the suggestion is motivated only by the idea that there would be special prestige attached to living in a country that has subdivisions in geocaching.com. This idea is seems silly to me.

I'd like to support the motion to get the five regions in Denmark recognised as states by Groundspeak. It would be nice to be able to see which region/state a specific geocache is placed in.

I think 99 subdivisions (number of municipalities in Denmark) would be too may for a small country like Denmark, but I believe 5 would be OK.

/Mogens

Edited by deepo

Does the old division make more sense?

DK-147 Frederiksberg city

DK-101 København city

DK-040 Bornholm county

DK-020 Frederiksborg county

DK-042 Fyn county

DK-015 København county

DK-080 Nordjylland county

DK-055 Ribe county

DK-065 Ringkøbing county

DK-025 Roskilde county

DK-035 Storstrøm county

DK-050 Sønderjylland county

DK-060 Vejle county

DK-030 Vestsjælland county

DK-076 Viborg county

DK-070 Århus county

Tc

DK-101 København city

DK-040 Bornholm county

I would think it would make more sense to use the current five regioner. Granted, it's from a U.S. source, but those are the only official regions recognized on the CIA World fact book site. In order to implement sub-regions GS will need bounding polygons which can be use to specify regions for all the existing caches in Denmark.

DK-101 København city

DK-040 Bornholm county

I would think it would make more sense to use the current five regioner. Granted, it's from a U.S. source, but those are the only official regions recognized on the CIA World fact book site. In order to implement sub-regions GS will need bounding polygons which can be use to specify regions for all the existing caches in Denmark.

The old counties would make more sense geographically but they where closed when the 5 bigger regions were implemented. They are historically and honestly would make the system look outdated.

I think the best division would be the municipality division, but that would make 99 regions in Denmark and that might be too many?

In the Danish geocaching society has repeatedly been expressed a wwish that geocaching.com website should support the Danish states.

Hovedstaden

Midtjylland

Nordjylland

Sjælland

Syddanmark

I know that several previously has made ​​a request on this, but hope that this post might help getting our wish fulfilled.

/ Jesper

Bump and plus 1

This would be a very usefull feature.

Happy Hunitng

Hans

Hovedstaden

Midtjylland

Nordjylland

Sjælland

Syddanmark

/ Jesper

Bump and plus 1

This would be a very usefull feature.

Happy Hunitng

Hans

Okay,I'll bite.

What very useful feature does it serve? Pretty much every country has a first level administrative region, whether they're called States, Provinces, Regions, Territories or whatever. Why Denmark and not Finland, or Costa RIca, or Croatia?