AMMO CANS

I want to buy some ammo cans... I can get a good deal on them if I buy a bunch. 1000+ I don't need 1000 cans.

Option 1: CheaperThanDirt sells 50cal. cans for $4.00 plus shipping. If I can get 50cal. cans for $3.00 plus shipping is anyone interested?

Option 2: Any caching clubs within 100 miles of my home coordinates (southern Mississippi, southern Alabama and near Texas) I will deliver free of charge cans to you or your club if you will promise a purchase of at least 100 cans. Still $3.00 per can.

In theory you could live in Tennessee and drive down and meet me in Jackson, MS and get 100 ammo cans with no shipping charges. You could live in Houston and drive to Lake Charles with the same results.

Fair winds, Capn Skully

quote:
Originally posted by WindChill:

I realize it doesnt help you, but I can get individual 50cal cans at the local farm store (Theisens) for about $3.50-$4.00. If there is someplace similar near you it is worth checking.

WindChill

I actually live in a rural area, and the nearest ammo can is 50 miles away... one way. Seems like we would have an army surplus store with all the hunters we have. Our town is really backwards, if you can't buy it at Walmart or Lowes, you have to do mailorder. All other small speciality stores are out of business. For any kind of decent selection of products the Internet is the way to go.

I have seen the cans at Cheaperthandirt for $4.00 but the shipping ruins that idea. The government auctions I have been watching just went way over my possible bids so I am out there too. Tupperware bowls are way too expensive, and Rubbermaid may be the only alternative.

Everybody touts the vertues of ammo cans and I agree. I was hoping to get what I need and provide a service.

Now stepping down from my soapbox.

Fair winds, Capn Skully

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

If your trying to get some cans, I think you should just go with Cheaperthandirt. Because 1000 cans is a LOT, even for a group. And ammo cans are not the cheapest thing to ship. Weighing like 5+ pounds for one 50cal.!

http://brillig.com/geocaching/http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/22008_1700.gif http://www.gpgeocaching.com/

I agree! 110% My daughter took a 50 cal. can to the post office and to mail it as is was $8.85

Fair winds, Capn Skully

quote:
Originally posted by Capn_Skully:
Originally posted by welch:

I agree! 110% My daughter took a 50 cal. can to the post office and to mail it as is was $8.85

Fair winds, Capn Skully

I've taken 7 shipments from cheaperthandirt.com. I usually get a combination of 4 or 5 .50 cal. cans & 3 or 4 .30 cal. cans. Price per can, either size, has been $3.99. Total shipping for my orders, which usually come in 2 packages(30 to 37 lbs. total) is $7.98. Thats delivered to my door in Upstate New York, from their warehouse in Dallas, Texas, via UPS. Works out to about $5.00 per can, & I don't leave the house. I've received 44 cans so far, & have not had a bad one yet. I'll stick with them. icon_wink.gif

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.

quote:
Originally posted by WindChill:

Thinking out loud, how about an ammo can as a travel bug. I buy one here and its goal is to make it to Capn Skully in LA. Yah, then we do this over and over till he has how many he needs. Sure, it would work....Right?

icon_frown.gif...Ok, maybe not.... icon_wink.gif

WindChill

I appreciate the thought! Thanks for putting up with me.

Fair winds, Capn Skully