Need Recommendations for Island of Hawai'i and Maui Geocaches!

Kennon136

I am going on a family trip to Maui and the Big island of Hawai'i and was looking for recommendations for good caches. I am looking for neat spots, beautiful scenery, tunnels to explore, etc. I have found earthcaches of black/red sand beaches on Maui, and we do plan to see the sunrise on top of Haleakala and do the 5 waterfall cache also on Maui.

For Hawai'i we plan to go to the Volcano National Park, but does anyone have any other ideas or places to go/cache on these two islands?

Many thanks!!!

There is a green sand beach on the Big Island.

Hilo Side - Botanical Garden, Onomea Bay

Kona Side - great beaches all the way up the Kohala Coast(Hapuna is my favorite), petroglyphs at Mauna Lani resort

Waimea - great views of Kona/Kohala coast from up here, just outside of town. Parker Ranch House

Mana Rd - I've never driven it, but have seen photos. It's beautiful--goes from Waimea around the perimeter of Mauna Kea and meets up with Summit Rd.

On Maui.....do Saphiras Teeth if up near Kapalua; if you take a hike in the Iao Valley there are 3 nice caches there...a very pretty walk....on the way up (or down) Haleakala make sure you stop off at the virtual half way up...it's called Haleakala Glory and I think it is more spectacular then the top! Be sure to do Maui Rocks! for a fun treat and a fun little hike down...it is south of Napili Bay...have a good time!