Category "Past Activity"

Max and 99

Sometimes a reviewer reviews a waymark, and later that same waymark is reviewed by someone else. Why is the original reviewer's comments not always shown in the "Past Activity" tab? (Sometimes they are, but in this recent case, my comments are not shown, and I was the original reviewer). When I approved the waymark a message was shown thanking me for reviewing the waymark. I immediately checked "Newest Waymarks" and saw that it was approved, and I was listed as the reviewer. Now I'm not, AND my comments in the group activity tab are gone.

Is it possible that if both reviewers approve the waymark, the second reviewer's comments override the first? I have seen in the past that when a waymark is declined, but later approved, BOTH comments are shown.

Is it possible that if both reviewers approve the waymark, the second reviewer's comments override the first? I have seen in the past that when a waymark is declined, but later approved, BOTH comments are shown.

I don't see why this should be the case, but that's probably because I have never checked. Seems strange. Besides, there is always a pop-up in red letters if a waymark has already been reviewed by another reviewer. I suppose if two people are reviewing the waymark at the same time, and one submits it just before the other, this could happen, but I still don't understand why one would override the other.

If I remember correctly, there is a check for consistency. When you try to approve a waymark that has been reviewed by someone else (usually Lumbricus :-)) in the mean time, then you receive a message and nothing happens. But when you approve a waymark that already has been approved before you loaded the review page and you ignore the red lines, then this re-appoval is executed without any message, and it might well be that the original action is overwritten.

I have experienced both cases, but I do not remember what and when so I cannot check.

I am always happy to see my submissions reviewed fast and I try my best to do the same in categories where I am an officer, but I am not eager to catch as many as I can. When somebody else does it, even better.

Slow categories just don't inspire me to post much more, but what me really drives crazy is having my submission sitting in the queue of a category where I am officer for days while I review all the other submissions.

...Slow categories just don't inspire me to post much more, but what me really drives crazy is having my submission sitting in the queue of a category where I am officer for days while I review all the other submissions.

I know this problem and other Waymarkers know this problem too. Am I right Bruce? :laughing:

It's annoying because the queue isn't empty then and the queue should be empty the most of the time.

There is an easy way to solve this problem, promote me. But who is approving mine then?

All joking aside! In many categories it's going fast, other categories need some days. But longer than a week is definitely too much.

Yep. I have a waymark that was submitted on 22 December 2012. No reviewer comments yet. No action yet. Nothing. Sometimes makes one wonder if the group has kinda gone away.

I'm not in a hurry. I've only started making waymarks after visiting a slew of them. But I keep thinking that I'm going to forget the pending one altogether! (Those of you under 55 might not understand that.)

Yep. I have a waymark that was submitted on 22 December 2012. No reviewer comments yet. No action yet. Nothing. Sometimes makes one wonder if the group has kinda gone away.

I'm not in a hurry. I've only started making waymarks after visiting a slew of them. But I keep thinking that I'm going to forget the pending one altogether! (Those of you under 55 might not understand that.)

I've waited and waited for a review, only to realize that the waymark never got submitted! Doh!

Sometimes I will click on "My waymarks", then use the search criteria to limit it to my waymarks that are pending review or waiting for a group vote. That's an easy way to figure out which ones you submitted still haven't been approved. It most certainly doesn't speed up the review process, but if you are worried about forgetting, it's an option. :rolleyes:

That is just over a week... that is a bit long however it the holidays. It could have gone to vote which will extend the time also. I don't typically get concerned for at least a couple weeks. You can do a search on any that you have pending thus you won't forget them.

This thread is actually about the group members being able to look at their previous comments on waymarks they review not about the delay on publishing.

Is it possible that a group vote overrides every comments in "Past activity" with "Vote to approve/deny"?

If there was a note like "Tharandter reviewed" and thereafter a group vote is called and it fails, than the note has changed into "Vote to approve/deny".

I have noticed it in some categories.

My theory is that the comments are bound to a submission. At least the behavior I noticed is consistent with this assumption.

This would mean: When a submission is reviewed (approved, denied, sent to vote) another time after to first one, the comment will be overwritten. When a waymark is re-submitted after a denial, a new comment field is created.