e10 cache downloading

will13fox

I have an eTrex10 and I am still learning it I am a premium member and I'm trying to load Caches into it please someone tell me that there is an easier way than clicking send to gps on every cache. I did a pocket query and I wanted to put the 100 closest caches in my gps and the only way I have found it to click send to gps 100 times???

I have an eTrex10 and I am still learning it I am a premium member and I'm trying to load Caches into it please someone tell me that there is an easier way than clicking send to gps on every cache. I did a pocket query and I wanted to put the 100 closest caches in my gps and the only way I have found it to click send to gps 100 times???

Run a Pocket Query;

Download and unzip it;

Plug GPSr to computer;

Drag and drop the unzipped GPX files to the unit;

Go caching....

Learn Pocket Queries (PQ's) here: http://www.markwell.us/geofaq.htm#pq

Edit to add: if you are using "Send To GPS", you are not using Pocket Queries.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Thanks

Be sure you have selected a day of the week for the PQ to run. If you don't select a day, what you see is a preview of what the PQ will give up in response the parameters you have chosen. The preview mode is valuable as you can tune the PQ and it doesn't count toward your daily limit of 5. However, it is NOT the PQ which will come to you in one file as described in an earlier post. Again, to get the actual PQ select a day to run.

Good luck.

All you ever wanted to know about doing a PQ and transferring the file to your GPS (Garmin or Magellan) as well as to a TomTom sat nav.

Paperless caching - scroll to the bottom of the page

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website