Is my geocache allowed to be where it is?

warcara

You will get an email either telling you it is published-it's allowed.

Or it will say XXX reviewer left a note on the page-the note would say something like Cache is too close to cache XYZ, or whatever the problem is-if there is one. Just because it's in a parking lot means nothing-Walmart or the Mall is no problem but a school or police station parking lot may not be allowed.

Hello,

Your reviewer is doing his very best to communicate with you, by leaving notes on your cache pages. You need to answer the questions he is asking. He has even edited some of your cache titles to ask you to read the notes before enabling for review again. Please look on your profile page where it lists your caches that have not yet been published. Follow the links to the cache listings, read the notes, fix the problems and follow the instructions for how to respond.

Please check your email spam folder to make sure that the notifications for these reviewer logs are making their way through to you.

Edited by Keystone

Hello,

Your reviewer is doing his very best to communicate with you, by leaving notes on your cache pages. You need to answer the questions he is asking. He has even edited some of your cache titles to ask you to read the notes before enabling for review again. Please look on your profile page where it lists your caches that have not yet been published. Follow the links to the cache listings, read the notes, fix the problems and follow the instructions for how to respond.

Please check your email spam folder to make sure that the notifications for these reviewer logs are making their way through to you.

OF course if you're not getting the Emails telling you about these things they could be in your Spam folder. Keystone you can see more then I can here...But he left a note and a Found It log both as notes-his found it log says "I'll fix that thanks" with no other notes-possibly trying to reply to the reviewer. I thinks he needs some help on how to communicate with the reviewers.

I only looked at a few of the OP's unpublished caches, which I can see because I'm a reviewer. The OP is not following the instructions provided by the reviewer. The OP is simply enabling the listings for review over and over again, without addressing all the issues described by the reviewer. This suggests that the OP is not receiving and reading the notes. Reviewers are accustomed to seeing this, so a backup trick that some of us use is to edit the cache title to say "READ REVIEWER NOTES" before the real name of the cache.

I only looked at a few of the OP's unpublished caches, which I can see because I'm a reviewer. The OP is not following the instructions provided by the reviewer. The OP is simply enabling the listings for review over and over again, without addressing all the issues described by the reviewer. This suggests that the OP is not receiving and reading the notes. Reviewers are accustomed to seeing this, so a backup trick that some of us use is to edit the cache title to say "READ REVIEWER NOTES" before the real name of the cache.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results-Isn't that the definition of insanity? But then again we use Billions of dollars worth of equipment to find sandwich containers and film cans.

Never mind what I was going to say-been done.

Edited by T.D.M.22

It might take about a week or a few days but they will reply with an email saying if it was published or not, and what any issues were. Check your spam folder if it's been a few weeks since you submitted the cache form. Good luck, I hope it gets published!

Keystone already told the OP what to do. The OP is not following directions of the reviewer.

It might take about a week or a few days but they will reply with an email saying if it was published or not, and what any issues were. Check your spam folder if it's been a few weeks since you submitted the cache form. Good luck, I hope it gets published!

Keystone already told the OP what to do. The OP is not following directions of the reviewer.

That's true but a friendly voice in a thread full of people saying he's not following the rules can make all the difference to the OP.

It never hurts to add a friendly voice, even if they're repeating something that's already been said.

How do I know if my geocache gets rejected from reviewers? I don't know if it can be where it is. It's in a parking lot. Will it tell me if I have to move it?

Hello warcara, I'm the reviewer that you are trying to communicate with. As my good friend Keystone has already posted, I have left several reviewer notes on your cache page, and even edited the title of two of them to get your attention.

Someone mentioned checking your spam folder to see if you are missing the email copies of the logs, but you can see them on the cache pages.

Please open up your pages, scroll to the bottom, and read my notes. Each submission is reviewed separately.

To reply, you should post a reviewer note of your own.

All reviewer notes are auto-archived at publication so that the conversation remains private.

This isn't the best place for our discussion, but I saw your thread and decided to post here once.

You can also click on my name, and email me through my profile. Be sure to give me the gc# of your caches when you contact me if you aren't posting notes to the cache page.

See you back on the cache pages and let's work together to get them published.

Edited by NCreviewer