More features connected with friends

F-i-n-r-o-d

Hi,

let´s let it be, that the adding of a friend on Geocaching.com itself is strange. I suggest, that there can be more features connected with friends. I think the number of these features should not be overwhelming to prevent Geocaching becoming a copy of Facebook. However, I would welcome for example to see, if some of my friends already have found a cache in the listing of particular cache. It could be shown in the right column somewhere nearby Inventory, Bookmark Lists, My Bookmark Lists etc. Like for instance: "This cache have been already found by your fiends: ... [and list of these friends logged on this cache]" It can be all logs of friend on the cache included not only "I have found it" but also the others and it could be displayed by icons like on map.

F-i-n-r-o-d

What you are asking for is (more or less) currently available.

When viewing a cache listing, at the top of the logs section is the option to 'View Logbook'.

In there you will see tabs for 'All Logs', 'Your Logs', and 'Your Friends' Logs'.

In addition, there is a Greasemonkey script (GC Little Helper) that will show 'VIP' logs in the right-hand column as you suggested. A person must be added as a VIP separately from the friends feature, but it wouldn't be hard to duplicate them in the script.

What you are asking for is (more or less) currently available.

When viewing a cache listing, at the top of the logs section is the option to 'View Logbook'.

In there you will see tabs for 'All Logs', 'Your Logs', and 'Your Friends' Logs'.

In addition, there is a Greasemonkey script (GC Little Helper) that will show 'VIP' logs in the right-hand column as you suggested. A person must be added as a VIP separately from the friends feature, but it wouldn't be hard to duplicate them in the script.

Fine, thank you. However, why it is so complicated? It should not be problem, do it, how I have suggested. Many of users, what I know, are not satisfied with the website. So many cachers are there and the website is not corresponding with this fact. I can use some scripts, but there are many users, which are not so educated in work with computer, according to them the pages should be much less complicated, I think. And again, this is not such a big change, in well done source-code it should not takes more than five minutes to implement the bar as I suggested, and of course it could be disabled in user preferences somehow.