Trackables that are for discover only?

RangerRicksClan

I enjoy logging trackables. If I come across more than one I take a photo so I have the number (takes work) , post it, and am considerate to let owner know I found it and where it was. Especially if it has been missing for awhile.

If I take a tbI pretty much do the same. (I don't show the tracking number in photos).

Since this summer I have come across many "trackbles" that are for discovery only. I don't get it. I take the time and make the effort only to find out "who cares"? it can't be logged as found or moved. I have moved a few because I didn't know they don't want to be moved until I access the records on my computer once home from my vacation, for example.

I have had some that say don't move me, or this is a copy ...the original is in another cache so discover only...don't retrieve or grab., I found 2 CITO containers recently in the same town. They said don't move them but had a tracking number. When logging them I "discovered", BUT they had the same number. They had been discovered in other states as well, at the same time. I logged 2 but only 1 is on my list as they were identical.

WHY??? What is the point of these? :mad:

I am getting to the point where I am suspicious. When on vacation I certainly don't want to waste my time on these.

I do find "copies' of tb's but understand they disappear and the owner is protecting their investment. Still there is only 1 copy floating around. That is different.

Can anyone explain this? If you look at my account you can see several since November.

Well for some of us, it would mean that you took a person/backpack/car from the person it belongs with, so folks I've met have some very nice coins that they want to share, but not release to get lost/stolen.

There should only be one item with per trackable number in circulation at any given time, those that use the same TB number on a number of items run the risk of getting their number shut down.