mini micros

recently I came a cross a company that sells mini capsules and if you wanted enough of them you could get them at a discount as well. They also were looking for partners to sell them. I responded to them and thought about all of the cachers out there that like to hide the smallest cache possible. Here is your chance you can even have the engraved with what ever you like on them, Such as geocaching.com, please don't remove, Official game peice, ect. You can check it out on www.geocachingsupplies.com. We have alot of other thing that you can use as trade items, keychains, bottle openers, ect. all can be personalize. thanks for your time good luck on your next hide I look forward to finding it.

Moun10gaot

No offense, truly, but why not just go to www.lazerdesigns.com and order there? It looks like you are just set up with a click through affiliation type of thing.

Not that I don't like helping out the fellow cacher and all but I'm just wondering ... if I were to place a large order why not just fill out your own form, become your own affiliate, and essentially get a 15% discount on the order?

I don't get it.

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10goat:

yes I actualy created the site after finding the compamy and they worked with me on ceating it. By the way If you order more the price will go down at defferent quanities. click on the picture and you will see the price breaks.

-=-=-=-=-=-

GPS_Brian

=-=-=-=-=-=

GPS_Brian,

I did a comparison on the previous thread for this site, see it here

Reading your post, you said I could save 15% more, so went back to the site via the link you provided, and the price is the same. Where did you click to get the 15% off of the prices listed compared to the Geocachingsupplies site?

My Scottish blood (1/57th) wants to know! =)

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)

Yes, part of my point was that the prices were identical ... becuase of course you are actually just odering direct from lazerdesigns anyway.

Therefore, since you aren't getting anything special by going through geocachingsupplies.com you can simply go to www.lazerdesigns.com and sign up as an affiliate ... just a simple web form to do so. You can then place your order using your new affiliate name and you will get a check for at least 15% of your total.

icon_wink.gif

-=-=-=-=-=-

GPS_Brian

=-=-=-=-=-=

I set this up because we had people asking where to get the micros and all if you want to do the same fine set up a web site and sell them your self my Idea was just to give everyone a place to get the micros. And this was one way that I could help in that respect. To get that 15% you do have to sell. You still get the quanity price breaks.

GPS_Brian,

Thanks, I don't have the time to maintain a web page and deal with customers. I got out of sales many years ago and have a better blood pressure because of it! I'm willing to buy from geocachingsupplies, it costs no different for me, and helps out fellow geocachers.

T.

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)

Actually, you don't have to sell to anyone other than yourself and you don't have to setup a web page. Fill out the form, then call and place an order and give them your affiliate ID or place the order online and just modify the URL to include "&Affiliate=youraffiliateID". That's all. Pretty straight forward.

-=-=-=-=-=-

GPS_Brian

=-=-=-=-=-=

quote:
it's jack like you I Don't care for

Moun10goat,

Really, I didn't mean to offend you. At first I really thought I was just missing something. I just didn't quite get why one wouldn't just order direct ... so I asked, and explained to a fellow geocacher how the affiliate program worked.

I thought you might actually come back with some good reasoning but you haven't and it seems I've only perturbed you by this. Oh well ... sorry about that. Good luck anyway.

Take care,

Brian

-=-=-=-=-=-

GPS_Brian

=-=-=-=-=-=

Brian, may I call you that?

I actually looked into this Affiliate program also, like you did. I was interested about all this hubaloo....

You mentioned a couple of posts up about "fill out the form, then call and place an order and give them your affiliate ID or place the order online and just modify the URL to include"&Affiliate=youraffiliateID". That's all."

From what I'm readying on the Affiliate Page at Lazerdesigns.com, in the first paragraph, when you call in on their toll free line, and they ask how you -- the caller -- heard about them, you need to give them your site name. You do need to have a site. (From experience, the company does verify the site.) You do need to set up a web page for the products to sell them.

As far as becoming your own affiliate and ordering from the company yourself....cool go ahead. Like it says though, they do ask for the site name.

As far as ordering from the company directly, again -- cool! Some people want to do that some people don't. Some people find it easier to remember the name "Geocaching Supplies" because it is similiar in name to "Geocaching.com" rather than remember Geocaching.com and then Lazerdesigns.com. I know I personally would end up asking why am I cluttering up my mind with "Lazerdesigns.com" --why was that name important again? Common link type of thing.

Not everyone wants to sell, so why set up the affiliate program when you can order through GeocachingSupplies.com?

When you're affiliated with a company anyway, wouldn't that company want you to make money for them? So, why would they become affiliated with you if you are selling their products to no one but yourself? Not much profit there...is there?

Yes, you did attempt to explain how the affiliate page worked and you got most of it right. Good job!! You just missed one slight point. icon_frown.gif

With all the information out there in this world, if you want to remember the name of one more website so you can order direct from them, then please do.

Yes, I know this is partly my site also. I did this for one basic reason. IT"S JUST EASIER when someone has done the footwork for me....all I have to is click the mouse a couple of times and I'm done. The name association is also easier to remember and I'm associating with someone who is interested in the same hobby that I am.

Have a great day Brian!!

--Regards,

LadyStevenson

[This message was edited by LadyStevenson on July 25, 2003 at 11:03 PM.]

thanks for your understanding I just wanted to get this site out there for others to see sorry for the comments I may have been to sensitive we work hard to put it together to have someone try to undermind your work. you aren't so bad after all just miss-understood you question, or that it was a question at all.

cadence(oddtodd) wrote after ordering

posted July 24, 2003 06:25 AM

Well, I can see that the prices for the Capsule keychains individually are the same as local, but the quantity discount further down the page would be a great way for Geocaching groups to get a large quantity of these - everyone could pitch in a few dollars and get a better deal. It's a matter of determining how much you are willing to spend to get a GREAT deal.

They do that at Costco too, but there doesn't seem to be a membership fee here.

When I first started GC'ing, I had no idea where these capsule keychains could be purchased. I doubt they are available everywhere that Geocaching is. Looks like anyone (Not just the U.S. folk) now have the opportunity to purchase what they want.

There may not be any discount, but just a question, if you are buying these locally, are you supporting a fellow Geocacher? Does the local place you are purchasing these from offer to engrave/personalize them? Personally I think it will be better to be able to have them put

"This is part of a game, please visit www.geocaching.com"

and that way I don't have to figure out how to adhere a waterproof sticker to the outside of my Micro-Cache.

I went to the site, clicked on the Large Capsule keychains, ordered 25 with the above text and the total came to 73.75. I wanted to find out how much shipping would be - I clicked on the link and it said

- Standard Shipping ($0.00)

- U.S.P.S. First Class ($3.05)

- U.S.P.S. Priority Mail ® ($4.00)

- UPS Ground ($5.10)

- UPS 3 Day Select ($7.12)

- UPS 2nd Day Air ($10.18)

- U.S.P.S. Express Mail ® ($18.00)

- UPS Next Day Air Saver ($22.62)

- FedEx 2day ($25.46)

- FedEx Priority ($25.46)

Price for these at REI in Spokane is 3.95 each. If I chose Standard Shipping - each capsule costs me 2.95. Save $25. Hmm. Like it. That's a Movie Rental and a Big Pizza.

If I was in a hurry, and wanted it UPS 2nd Day Air? ((73.75 + 10.18)/25)= 3.36 per capsule. Save $14.75. Cool. That's about two movie tickets.

I'm not trying to sell them, and I will not benefit monetarily from the sale of anything on the aforementioned website, except that I will not be spending so much to make really cool caches for others to find.

posted on gps garage sale New geocaching supplies

they aren't list with the quanities yet but soon will be. If you click on the items you will see the price breaks.