Geocaching the San Juan National Forest - Colorado

budbon

Hi all.

I live in Durango, Colorado and have been geocaching for about 3 years although I only have 120 or so finds. As you may know, you can't list new geocaches in the San Juan National Forest. Without going into all of the reasons or whys, I have been working off and on for the past year or so to get the necessary permissions. Today I met with the local Recreational and Wilderness Mgr., Mr Brian White. Mr White seems favorable to geocaching activities but government being what it is there must be a process. He asked that I contact any organizations (locally or otherwise) that might have an interest in geocaching in the San Juan National Forest in order to gather organizional names to present to the Distric Ranger. He wants to find out if this is just an activity for a very few or if a number of people would be interested. He realizes many people visit this area from other states and their input would be valuable also. If there any local Colorado (or otherwise) clubs that would like to put in their two cents, please email me with the name of your group and number of members if possible. Please just note the name of your local group or organization.

Hi all.

I live in Durango, Colorado and have been geocaching for about 3 years although I only have 120 or so finds. As you may know, you can't list new geocaches in the San Juan National Forest.. Please just note the name of your local group or organization.

Hi Bud,

There is a Cub Scout cache between Durango and Mancos, why not contact them and the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts in the area. I'm sure they would be interested.

Cheers,

PandA Inc