12/12/12 Souvenir

howarthe

I accidentally got the 12-12-12 one as the app goes on WA time, not local timezones (the souvenir doesn't go away if you correct the date away from it).

Bring on a change to the calendar so I can snag a 13-13-13 (but wait until it will fall on a friday).

I have heard that an email to Groundspeak can fix things like that.

I thought I was missing the 11/11/11 souvenir, but I guess I have the complete set. Where do I pick up my prize?

Yay my first souvenir with out even knowing about it!!!

If you had started geocaching before 10/10/10 you'd have one for that too as it was given away to everyone when souvenirs were first launched.

This might be a good opportunity to point out the "Bring back Country Souvenirs" I started awhile back.

This is interesting. I've been geocaching since well before 10-10-10, and I don't have that souvenir. Maybe an email to Groundspeak is in order?

" I attended an event yesterday but didn't get the souvenir."

me too ! :-(

That's strange, my souvenir showed up as soon as I finished logging the cache. Before I even left the log in page. :huh:

Seems like a lot of us attended 12-12-12 events and didn't get our Souvenirs, We found 5 caches and attended an event last evening but we didn't get a 12-12-12 Souvenir, Sent an e-mail to groundspeek but no responce yet.

Is there a place to suggest new souvenirs? I'd like to see one for completing a cache calendar month and an entire year.

Even if there was a place to suggest souvenirs, one based on what would typically be done as a challenge cache most likely would not get accepted. In fact, there are lots of challenge caches based upon filling out a monthly or annual calendar, and allows those that do so the opportunity to log a "bonus" cache. I don't see why someone should get a souvenir for completing a challenge, effectively rewarding someone twice for doing the same thing.

Is there a place to suggest new souvenirs? I'd like to see one for completing a cache calendar month and an entire year.
Even if there was a place to suggest souvenirs, one based on what would typically be done as a challenge cache most likely would not get accepted. In fact, there are lots of challenge caches based upon filling out a monthly or annual calendar, and allows those that do so the opportunity to log a "bonus" cache. I don't see why someone should get a souvenir for completing a challenge, effectively rewarding someone twice for doing the same thing.
I think the "rewarding someone twice" argument would be stronger if those who complete their difficulty-terrain grid weren't able to use that completed grid to log any number of Fizzy Challenge caches. And those who travel enough to get all the rare difficulty-terrain combinations certainly travel enough to get multiple Fizzy Challenge caches. And the same goes for a lot of other challenge caches.

I still don't think challenge caches are the best way to reward accomplishments like filling your difficulty terrain grid, or filling your Finds for Each Day of the Year grid, or achieving a Longest Streak of a certain number of days. I think an online badge system (like Souvenirs) is a better fit.

If you had started geocaching before 10/10/10 you'd have one for that too as it was given away to everyone when souvenirs were first launched.

This might be a good opportunity to point out the "Bring back Country Souvenirs" I started awhile back.

This is interesting. I've been geocaching since well before 10-10-10, and I don't have that souvenir. Maybe an email to Groundspeak is in order?

I am confident in saying you had to actually log some caching activity on 10-10-10 to get the souvenir. I just checked my Son's account that was created in 2004 and is randomly active. His account does not have the souvenir.

I am confident in saying you had to actually log some caching activity on 10-10-10 to get the souvenir. I just checked my Son's account that was created in 2004 and is randomly active. His account does not have the souvenir.

I stand corrected. For some reason I thought I remembered that when Souvenirs were announced, everyone got a freebee.

Looking over my list I've got several souviners for finding a cache (or attending an event) on a specific day. I've got the 10/10/10, 12/12/12, International Geocaching Day 2011, Leap Day 2012, and WWFM IX souvenirs. The remaining 23 souvenirs I have are all U.S. State based. One of the reasons I started the bring back country based souvenirs is that I've got finds in 17 countries but no souvenirs to show for it.

Seems like a lot of us attended 12-12-12 events and didn't get our Souvenirs, We found 5 caches and attended an event last evening but we didn't get a 12-12-12 Souvenir, Sent an e-mail to groundspeek but no responce yet.

I never noticed until it was mentioned but you are correct we didn't get our souvenir and we attended a 12-12-12 event, I dated my log for the 12th but didn't actually write it until the 14th.