When Geocaching Quizzes Go Bad

Simply Paul

Lets see. Accuracy 6-20 feet? Normal is 10M-about 30 feet but it is possible for high end with good antennas to be within inches. My GPSr has been EXACT at times.

Waypoint-not the final location. While it could be the final location it could also be the start location or a 2nd or 3rd stage.

Never heard of a hitchhiker cache. Possibly refers to a hitchhiker as in the thing with the TB.

Calls any trackable a travel bug. What about coins?

Geomuggle? Never heard that before either-thought it was just muggle.

National Park Service banned geocaches. I'm Canadian so I mat be wrong but I thought it was the National Forest Service.

Well it's pretty apparent that this wasn't proof-read

The guy's name is MATT Stum not Mike Stum

A way-point could potentially be described as all 3 of the options given, however, it is certainly not a STARING point, while it may be considered to be (among others) a starTing point

"Hitch-hiker cache" is just nonsense (are they confusing this with trackables or the now grandfathered locationless caches?)

Geomuggles is never used (AFAIK), it's "Muggles"

It's really Tutankhamun, not King Tut (although that might not be considered an error if the quiz was trying to use the so-called popularised name)

The exhibition wasn't in the Franklin Mint (purveyors of pseudo-antique investment tat) But the FRANKLIN INSTITUTE the science centre named after Benjamin Franklin.

Edited by mellers
Never heard of a hitchhiker cache. Possibly refers to a hitchhiker as in the thing with the TB.

Ok education time :yikes:

Travel Bug, is in fact solely the Metal Tag, with the Trackable Number and TB icon on it.

Hitchhicker is actually the Item attached to the TB tag, with the aim of Travelling with it.

It helps that I became a cacher in 2002, and the Term Hitchhicker was in use back them :laughing:

Deci :laughing:

Did Geocaching not come before Harry Potter?

If so how did Geocachers pinch the term from the books?

M :D

Ah Mr Google was my friend Geocaching started in 2000 the first Harry Potter was 1997 so maybe we did pinch it from JK Rowling ?

Geocaching in the early 2000's Harry Potter in the early to mid 1990's

It helps that I became a cacher in 2002, and the Term Hitchhicker was in use back then :laughing:

Deci :laughing:

As was the term "geomuggle"...when I started waaaaaay back in 2001! :laughing: