"geo-caching" app for blackberry curve?

Wunderlast

Hey guys/gals...new here. Loving what I've found here...I'd never heard of geocaching until I stumbled upon it on a googling-session just the other day. Already went out today and found two local caches - guess I've found a new hobby! I used a friend's iPhone since my phone's been acting up, but from what I could tell, is the Geocaching app even available for Blackberry, or did I just not look hard enough? I think I saw it advertised for iPhone, Android and Windows phones only...

I hope to grab an iPhone in the new year anyway, but I really don't want to wait until then to to find my next Geocache! I guess I could download a different nav app, and a compass one of some sort, but the geocaching one was just so simple and convenient; interested in other ideas though...

Let me know,

Wunderlast

Edited by Wunderlast

I'll second GeePa's suggestion of CacheSense. I used it back in the CacheBerry days and it works very well. I'll also second hukilaulau's comment and suggest getting a real GPSr for your primary geocaching (no hyphen) device. A phone is great for spontaneous caching, but nothing beats a real GPSr for accuracy and durability.

I'll second GeePa's suggestion of CacheSense. I used it back in the CacheBerry days and it works very well. I'll also second hukilaulau's comment and suggest getting a real GPSr for your primary geocaching (no hyphen) device. A phone is great for spontaneous caching, but nothing beats a real GPSr for accuracy and durability.

Thanks for your responses, guys. So what's so special about a real GPS unit exactly? What more would I get out of it, and what do they go for?

So what's so special about a real GPS unit exactly? What more would I get out of it, and what do they go for?
A dedicated handheld GPSr will be more durable, be more waterproof, have better battery life, and have better GPS reception (especially under heavy tree cover, in steep canyons, etc.).

On the other hand, I do most of my geocaching with a smartphone just because it is so very convenient.