Home made logsheet roller

alien55

In the Geocaching.com shop, there's a logsheet roller that can be bought for $7.99. It seems to be a cotter pin (also known as a split pin) attached to a small key ring. I made one for a few cents and it works very well. Just slip the end of the logsheet between the splines of the pin and roll away using the key ring to turn it. You can make a few using different sized cotter pins for different sizes of logsheets.

In the Geocaching.com shop, there's a logsheet roller that can be bought for $7.99. It seems to be a cotter pin (also known as a split pin) attached to a small key ring. I made one for a few cents and it works very well. Just slip the end of the logsheet between the splines of the pin and roll away using the key ring to turn it. You can make a few using different sized cotter pins for different sizes of logsheets.

OOPS - replied to the wrong post

Edited by alien55

You must all be men.

We women know that this makes an excellent tool for everything from lock picking to log rolling.

Bobby_pin.jpg

Edit to add: and they are adjustable, and the plastic ends can be scraped off to avoid resistance.

Edited by Planet

You must all be men.

We women know that this makes an excellent tool for everything from lock picking to log rolling.

Bobby_pin.jpg

Edit to add: and they are adjustable, and the plastic ends can be scraped off to avoid resistance.

Thanks for the memory of my mother. It's been a long time since I've seen one of those.

You must all be men.

Bobby_pin.jpg

I carry a bobby pin in my little change purse that i always have in my pocket. We cut off the end were it is flared open. If I lose it my 86 year old wife always has one in her hair. Works great.

You must all be men.

Bobby_pin.jpg

I carry a bobby pin in my little change purse that i always have in my pocket. We cut off the end were it is flared open. If I lose it my 86 year old wife always has one in her hair. Works great.

Handy also if you get arrested for caching somewhere you shouldn't have been and need to get out of the handcuffs. :lol:

I've never had the need for a tool like this, and do just fine using only my fingers. :o

By the time I fumbled around and had the tool out, I would have had the log rolled-up and back in the cache already. :lol:

Getting the log rolled tight enough to fit a nano is not so easy for the less dextrous amongst us.

You must all be men.

Bobby_pin.jpg

Cotter pins are just men's hair pins. Think we may have just defined the differences on how the sexes think. :laughing: