How do I ignore somone in forums

nthacker66

In a way much like if you block someone on facebook they won't see what you write and you cannot see what they write?

Don't read their posts?

Sorry, as much as some people want it to be, this isn't Facebook.

There were only two people I wanted to ignore. Thanls A-team, you made it 3 now.

In a way much like if you block someone on facebook they won't see what you write and you cannot see what they write?

Don't read their posts?

There were only two people I wanted to ignore. Thanls A-team, you made it 3 now.

I wasn't aware of any such feature, but Maingray has shown that it does indeed exist. I'm sorry to hear that a user making a single mistake can make you ignore them completely. Now that I know you can do so, the feeling my be mutual.

Don't read their posts?

I wasn't aware of any such feature, but Maingray has shown that it does indeed exist. I'm sorry to hear that a user making a single mistake can make you ignore them completely. Now that I know you can do so, the feeling my be mutual.

It wasnt the mistake its the attitude. I am no longer allowing people who wish to be less then cordial to me in this game to dictate my mood. Bye now.

Don't read their posts?

You might want to ignore me too. My first reaction was exactly the same as The A-team's, and if he hadn't beat me to it, I might have posted the same answer.

You might try reading forum posts with a sense of humor.

Note that when you ignore someone in the forums, you won't see their posts. But they will still see your posts, and you will still see others' replies to their posts.

You will see their posts if you are reading the forums without being logged in.

You will see their posts should someone quote them.

B.

Note that when you ignore someone in the forums, you won't see their posts. But they will still see your posts, and you will still see others' replies to their posts.

Last I knew, and no one currently posts here that I ignore, you still see their avatar, and a message "You have chosen to ignore all posts by [username] Click here to see it anyways"

Where "click here" is a link, to the post, of course. And you still see their drivel when people quote them. It's not a very good ignore function as far as interwebs forums go.

It's not a very good ignore function as far as interwebs forums go.
True. Most Usenet readers had much better killfile/ignore functions. For example, I was able to ignore all posts from known trolls, as well as any replies in the threads started by their posts.

But that's progress for you...

I didn't see it mentioned but you can't block them from seeing what you post-even if that was possible they could just go ahead and make a fake account.

Don't read their posts?

You might want to ignore me too. My first reaction was exactly the same as The A-team's, and if he hadn't beat me to it, I might have posted the same answer.

Might as well throw me on that list. If I had been first to answer I would have said the exact same thing. And I would have defended myself after you said it's the attitude. You can't accurately tell peoples attitudes by reading words. The Ateam may have been trying to be rude, serious or a smart-a**. If he had put a >> :laughing: would you have thought he was trying to be rude?

As for me-I mean what I said as facts backing someone who-in my opionion-has done nothing wrong.

Edited by T.D.M.22

Don't read their posts?

It wasnt the mistake its the attitude. I am no longer allowing people who wish to be less then cordial to me in this game to dictate my mood. Bye now.

Plonk. That is the sound of someone dropping into the kill file. You offend me so I'm ignoring you. Please do the same for me.

Don't read their posts?

Plonk. That is the sound of someone dropping into the kill file. You offend me so I'm ignoring you. Please do the same for me.

I won't ignore any of you but you can feel free to ignore me if you choose to. I am somewhat used to it. :blink:

Group hug!

:):lol::)B):):lol::):D:lol::):lol::)B):):lol::):D:lol:

----------------------------------^

What's with the guy in the middle? He doesn't seem to be enjoying the group hug! :laughing:

That's the guy who needed the group hug. (I just copied the smiley in WRASTRO's post.)

*hack* *cough* *gag*

I feel like I am being overwhelmed with the emoticons. I enjoy the group hug as much as any guy (as in not much). So I guess the response was appropriate. ;)

I am bummed that I had to delete my Original emoticon from my reply here due to too many emoticons. How sad (can't add an emoticon).

Don't read their posts?

You might as well add me too because with your attitude I'll offend you sooner or later.