Returning of webcam caches

KRON family

Dear colleagues,

Challenges are going to retire, so I have an idea. What about returning of webcam caches?

Grandfathered types of caches were replaced by challenges.

Because challenges are gone now, there is time to bring webcam caches back to geocaching.com.

With webcam caches you can experience the fun, you need GPS to arrival at the right place. And there is not too much webcams that can cause a webcam caches plague.

Who has not like webcam caches, it is certainly a reasonable man and can ignore it.

If you agree with idea "Bring webcam caches back to geocaching.com", please, reply to this post.

Thank you.

I like it. I only found one (it is already archived but the webcam is still active) and I don't think there are any active ones currently in the 60km radius around my HC. For as long as you can take a snapshot using a smartphone, they are fun!

Edited by osnica

Okay, seriously, getting every Czech cacher to come here and say "I agree" won't make it happen. Suggesting ways to get around the problems with Webcam caches would be a far better way of advancing this proposal.

Wow, that is one concerted effort!

Well, this is how the souvenirs got decided on, wasn't it?

Is there a Fizzbook page somewhere, encouraging people to log in here and post?

:rolleyes:

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Sometimes, during a long stressful day at work, I take a short break and come to the geocaching forums to look around. Once in a while, I find threads like this one. After reading the posts, I smile, close the browser and go back to work, knowing that all is well with the space-time continuum. :lol:

Continuum? Quantum! (Sounds like another Pratchett reader :) )

But back to the topic - it's really fun to see this topic BUT please Czech brothers and sisters, this is debate forum, not opinion poll :D

And really back to the topic - if somebody wants webcams, there's category at Waymarking, so no problem to made new ones or "hunt" some of them. If there could be some new cache type, which could replace disappearing challenges, I prefer some kind of new "history-caches" - something between virtuals and earthcaches...

Edited by puczmeloun

Is there a Fizzbook page somewhere, encouraging people to log in here and post?

No, but there's a post by the OP over in the Geocaching.cz forums asking people to do so.

Can someone fluent in Czech please post in that discussion and ask people to stop making useless posts over here? If you want webcam caches to come back, suggest ways of accomplishing this. Simply cluttering up this discussion won't accomplish anything.

Can someone fluent in Czech please post in that discussion and ask people to stop making useless posts over here? If you want webcam caches to come back, suggest ways of accomplishing this. Simply cluttering up this discussion won't accomplish anything.

You're welcome. It's there and I hope that the way of discussion now change...