Etrex 20 -- saving "next stage"/updating coords?

wxgeek96

Hi all,

It is time for my annual visit to the Groundspeak forums to ask a question. I hope you guys can help.

I have an ETrex20, which I've really enjoyed using over the past year. I used to have a 60Sx, so it has taken a little getting used to! One thing I used to do on my 60Sx was change a bunch of puzzle coords to solutions prior to heading out. I haven't really found a way to do that with the ETrex 20. Is there a way? I suppose I could use software again [i seem to remember that I could do this in GSAK], but I've kinda enjoyed the "no-software" ease of the Etrex (and I'm on an old Mac now, and not a PC). It would also be nice to be able to save stages in a multi-cache on those days when I'm only able to do one or two stages of a 3-4 stage cache. As it is, I'm saving the coord info in a google doc that I access from my husband's "smart" phone.

Thanks for any help.

If I am understanding the question correctly....

You should be able to save waypoints for a multi or puzzle cache on your unit simply by naming it (Cache ID# is easiest) adding a -1, -2, -3, etc.

That way, you would not overwrite (change) the coordinates for the cache, yet each newly numbered waypoint would still be available for later access.

Hi all, It is time for my annual visit to the Groundspeak forums to ask a question. I hope you guys can help.I have an ETrex20, which I've really enjoyed using over the past year. I used to have a 60Sx, so it has taken a little getting used to! One thing I used to do on my 60Sx was change a bunch of puzzle coords to solutions prior to heading out. I haven't really found a way to do that with the ETrex 20. Is there a way? I suppose I could use software again [i seem to remember that I could do this in GSAK], but I've kinda enjoyed the "no-software" ease of the Etrex (and I'm on an old Mac now, and not a PC). It would also be nice to be able to save stages in a multi-cache on those days when I'm only able to do one or two stages of a 3-4 stage cache. As it is, I'm saving the coord info in a google doc that I access from my husband's "smart" phone.Thanks for any help.

Yes GSAK does this well, but the no software method is correct the coordinates directly on the Geocahing page of the Puzzle/Mystery cache. There is an icon of pencil next to the coordinates. Click and enter your corrected coordinates. When you download your Pocket Query you will receive the corrected coordinates.