Hydration Rucksack.

ShakeyMic

Camelbak. Every time.

I'm onto my second (both presents), and whilst at 3L it's bigger than the first, they are the bee's knees. Personally, I don't use the bladder, so have removed it, but I use it all the time when out and about and love it.

I don't know how they compare, price-wise, but I wouldn't have any other.

[Thumbs-up smilie!]

B)

Edited by Original A1

I own about 3 different camelbak bladder/paks. Can't remember exactly the sizes - Two of them we used while playing airsoft and the paks were attached to vests using Molle. The other is a streamlined Camelbak pak for hiking.

I also have a really nice multi-use backpak that can hold a laptop & is equipped to hold a bladder. Expensive backpak ($70) but well worth it. We simply throw one of the other bladders inside this backpak when needed.

You'll want to get a setup where you can remove the bladder completely. This allows for easier cleaning and interchangeability between different paks. Get a bladder with a larger opening - easier for filling/adding ice.

Remember - a larger bladder is obviously good for longer hikes....but it'll be HEAVY if you fill it.

Definitely stick with a camelbak bladder. There are lots of nice backpaks out there that can hold bladders. You can mix & match to your liking and be able to use the backpak without the bladder in it.

I too would normally got for camel pack. I have two camel packs and two others:

CP 1 - the bees knees but it's dedicated only as a hydration pack (bladder not removable) with no ability to use as a pack. Still the best for insulation and leakage. Rarely used now.

CP2 - This was a strong bladder which is what I liked but rucksack is no good. Bladder died but that was due to a friend freezing it when full.

Asda own - (looks remarkebly similar to http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19d6a2d6b0 ) - bladder cheap and cheerful, rucksack lasted a couple of years only, maybe not even that. So I guess you get what you pay for. I still use the bladder in other rucksacks and while cheap its lasted well.

Blacks rucksack with bladder section - wonderful rucksack that keeps the contents off your back and allows airflow. I could have bought a bladder with it but didn't as my cheap Asda one is still going and if I replaced I would probably replace with a camel. The dedicated bladder pouch, pipe slit and mouth piece clip are great. Not a space saving rucksack due to the frame but perfect for a day caching. Can't seem to find online so may have discontinued. I was about to say it's only 18 monts old but now I'm not sure.