Geochat NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/DERBYSHIRE

Hey all.

As someone very new to geocaching i was roaming through the forums and cant believe i cant find a forum in my area. there must be 1000's of people that secretely hunt little plastic boxes for a hobbie. :D so i thought well why not create a forum and see if i get any responses.

ok im attempting to cover the areas of Mansfield to Nottingham. And Derbyshire and surrounding areas.

SO...................

DROP me a msg if uve found an awesome cache hiding site.

DROP me a msg if ur stuck on a puzzle cache (as i am)

DROP me a msg if u can solve HH by Happy Humprey GC2ZBTP. what the heck are the number abcdef! argh.

over and out!

Hiya

Not sure if there is a specific area on GC forums for the Notts / derbys area.... if there is I dont know about it.

But if you are FaceBook there are several Groups on there that cover Notts and Derbys...

On FB search for

GeM Geocaching Midlands

emCACHE

Lincache

Lincolnshire Cachers

All are active groups with lots of chat.... help / ideas for puzzles, regular meets / events in the area etc

Rob (Selston)

one of the TWO ANCHORS

Hiya

Not sure if there is a specific area on GC forums for the Notts / derbys area.... if there is I dont know about it.

But if you are FaceBook there are several Groups on there that cover Notts and Derbys...

On FB search for

GeM Geocaching Midlands

emCACHE

Lincache

Lincolnshire Cachers

All are active groups with lots of chat.... help / ideas for puzzles, regular meets / events in the area etc

Rob (Selston)

one of the TWO ANCHORS

Hi rob

thanks for your reply. i didnt know about groups on fb i shall have a look now.

thanks again

DROP me a msg if u can solve HH by Happy Humprey GC2ZBTP. what the heck are the number abcdef! argh.

The answer is now on this very page!

There's not really a forum or Facebook page for this area. The closest is probably the EMCache Facebook page mentioned, but that does tend to be biased towards areas south of Nottingham. If you want to set up a FB Group for Derbyshire / North Notts / South Yorks then please go ahead.

Hey all.

As someone very new to geocaching i was roaming through the forums and cant believe i cant find a forum in my area.

It's a shame, but even the most active local forums have mostly pretty much died due to FB. I prefer the forum format, but FB is where everyone seems to be, so I've had to go with the tide.

Rgds, Andy