Cache sizes and Travel bugs

Repsov

I'm a newbie to this great game. So please forgive me if this question has been asked before.

I understand that a cacher can carry a traveller from cache A to B. B to C ect in order to give it extra miles and then eventually drop it of some place.

Is there an ethic relating to the size of cache? I can visit nano or small cache but not be able to drop it of at that point.

I only log a visit from a travel bug if I actually found the cache. Other than that, I can't see any ethical reasons that would prevent me from logging a visit from a bug to a cache it won't fit in.

Some people have TB codes on their backpack so they can log its visits as they cache. They never have the intention to drop it anywhere -- those can visit nanos too.

I will make a point to drop-and-lift (some call it "dipping", but I dislike that term, as it has distasteful connotations) travelers that we have with us on trips and such, if we are unable to leave them in a cache. Sometimes we don't find enough caches big enough, or a larger cache is in a spot that we don't feel is safe enough to leave a traveler. Sometimes, a cache (particularly TB Hotels) have a reputation for things "disappearing" (i.e. they get stolen by caching ne'er-do-wells), so we just don't leave anything. Whatever the case, we feel it honorable to at least let the owners know that we tried. Plus, giving the travelers credit for the trip is a nice thing to do. It makes no difference how big the cache is; I try to use the one farthest from home.

BTW: I don't do the serial "drop the TB or geocoin in every cache we visit" thing. A) it takes forever, B') it's too easy for me to forget one or more caches, and C) the owner never gets notice of "visits", only of "drop-offs" and "retrievals", so why waste all that time? I do it once, the owner gets an e-mail, the Bug or Coin gets some miles, and everyrone is happier, I hope :)

Edited by chaosmanor

I'm a newbie to this great game. So please forgive me if this question has been asked before.

I understand that a cacher can carry a traveller from cache A to B. B to C ect in order to give it extra miles and then eventually drop it of some place.

Is there an ethic relating to the size of cache? I can visit nano or small cache but not be able to drop it of at that point.

Provided the bug was actually at the cache location you can log a bug through, regardless of size. There are places where you achieved a goal, like reaching a foreign country, but the cache was too small to leave it behind. The bug should still get credit for having been there.

I still log my personal geocoin, even if i didnt find the cache, as the geocoin has still physically been to those co-ordinates, and to that area :)

So your personal geocoin physically visited the cache even though you never did. Interesting. Do you go back and delete logs on confirmed missing caches or do you just assume there was another cache .10 miles away.