Cache reviewed OK - Now Disabled by Reviewer..

Bozoid

If the hider thinks this is a nice place for a cache I hope he is sufficiently cheesed off that he finds another hobby.

Philip

Really Philip? You couldn't, y'know, just give his cache a miss? You'd much prefer that someone, who you don't know, gives up a hobby because the way they play it doesn't meet with the way you want to play it?

I've seen caches that I didn't want to go and find before. Do you know how I overcame this 'massive' problem? - I decided to ignore it and went and found a cache that I did want to find.

There are thousands of caches in what I believe are very poor locations, but for me, the difference with this one is the significant possibility of it bringing caching into disrepute.

If this came to the attention of the police, or the local council, or a local newspaper, or indeed, most people outside the caching community, it is likely they would consider it a very foolish place to put a cache. They might think it is something we should have policed ourselves. And I think that is likely adversely to influence their opinion about caching. If it influences the opinion of someone who is in a position to give or withhold permission for other caches, then it could be more important than simply a poor cache that we can ignore if we don't like.

Rgds, Andy

I know a cache that is near us. We were going to do that area. This particular cache being talked about was a draw. That was until I surprisingly discovered it was on top of a mine. Inside the security fence and near the capping cage. The logs say it all really. But there is split opinion on that one too. We won't be doing it ever but others we know have done it. But then we cheerfully went underground for 200 yards to get a cache. Bent double, fending off orrible cave spiders and thoroughly enjoyed it and count it as the second best cache we have done. I think one thing is for sure that there are limits. Everyone is responsible for their own health and safety and that's that. I am appalled that people take their young children in these leats but is that any different than taking them swimming or allowing them to play out alone or giving them medications. All these things are done with supervision and with past records showing a record of safety. If something bad happens then we react. Some say we shouldn't wait for that. But that just means rocking in a corner playing with myself. Life is for living not existing.

I guess it is as it always is. See what happens and react accordingly.

I know a cache that is near us. We were going to do that area. This particular cache being talked about was a draw. That was until I surprisingly discovered it was on top of a mine. Inside the security fence and near the capping cage. The logs say it all really. But there is split opinion on that one too. We won't be doing it ever but others we know have done it. But then we cheerfully went underground for 200 yards to get a cache. Bent double, fending off orrible cave spiders and thoroughly enjoyed it and count it as the second best cache we have done. I think one thing is for sure that there are limits. Everyone is responsible for their own health and safety and that's that. I am appalled that people take their young children in these leats but is that any different than taking them swimming or allowing them to play out alone or giving them medications. All these things are done with supervision and with past records showing a record of safety. If something bad happens then we react. Some say we shouldn't wait for that. But that just means rocking in a corner playing with myself. Life is for living not existing.

I guess it is as it always is. See what happens and react accordingly.

I have stated my opinion of that cache and have been completely ignored by the owner and was amazed by some of the cachers who have found it.

If the hider thinks this is a nice place for a cache I hope he is sufficiently cheesed off that he finds another hobby.

Philip

Really Philip? You couldn't, y'know, just give his cache a miss? You'd much prefer that someone, who you don't know, gives up a hobby because the way they play it doesn't meet with the way you want to play it?

I've seen caches that I didn't want to go and find before. Do you know how I overcame this 'massive' problem? - I decided to ignore it and went and found a cache that I did want to find.

It doesn't stop at one though does it.

Someone will come along and find it, think hey that's a new kind of hide lets start a new series, then they are popping up everywhere.

Someone else comes along and wonders how to up the ante. Caches start appearing hanging from power lines (hey it's safe if you've got the right equipment and training isn't it?).

Someone else places a cache on the Northern line half way between Tottenham Court Road and Leicester square underground stations mag attached to the bottom of the electrified rail.

The reviewer was right here to say NO. The cache owner needs to reconsider. Plenty of places to hide a Cache either side of the road and out of harms way.

Philip

Philip

Someone will come along and find it, think hey that's a new kind of hide lets start a new series, then they are popping up everywhere.

Someone else comes along and wonders how to up the ante. Caches start appearing hanging from power lines (hey it's safe if you've got the right equipment and training isn't it?).

Someone else places a cache on the Northern line half way between Tottenham Court Road and Leicester square underground stations mag attached to the bottom of the electrified rail.

The reviewer was right here to say NO. The cache owner needs to reconsider. Plenty of places to hide a Cache either side of the road and out of harms way.

Philip

But it is not unique is it? As has been shown if you cared to read all the thread, there are two other examples given, and probably several more which have also been published.

As for your other examples, it is ridiculous just to mention them. Not only is it illegal to actually go there (unless you are qualified, trained, and an employee or contractor of the appropriate company) you would also be electrocuted unless the company had isolated the appropriate section, and therefore you wouldn't be able to submit the cache page for review.

Philip

Philip

But it is not unique is it? As has been shown if you cared to read all the thread, there are two other examples given, and probably several more which have also been published.

As for your other examples, it is ridiculous just to mention them. Not only is it illegal to actually go there (unless you are qualified, trained, and an employee or contractor of the appropriate company) you would also be electrocuted unless the company had isolated the appropriate section, and therefore you wouldn't be able to submit the cache page for review.

Before this I would have said a cache on the central reservation of a busy dual carriageway is ridiculous, yet here we are.

Philip