Photo Competition - December 2012

For the final competition of 2012 we thought we'd make it as broad as possible: We just want to see your best caching photos of 2012. Pictures of great views, great people, great caches and great fun.

The rules for this month:

1) The photo must related to a specific UK cache (any type, including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GCcode.

2) The photo must have been taken during 2012.

3) Maximum of two photos per caching team or cacher.

4) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating the rules.

5) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

6) Follow the theme (if one has been set).

Link to the November 2012 Photo Competition.

Shhh John it's a thistle (I think) :unsure: the flower of Scotland :)

It would still be a good photo without the "weed" too though :D

M ;)

Crikey... What-a mistake-a to make-a [slaps side of head with palm of hand]

I know, really.... It's just that nobody has wound Dave up for quite a while... :ph34r::lol:

M ;)

I know, really.... It's just that nobody has wound Dave up for quite a while... :ph34r::lol:

My sarcasm was lost on the Southerner again...you need to join the Scottish FB Forums John :ph34r:

M ;)

My sarcasm was lost on the Southerner again...you need to join the Scottish FB Forums John :ph34r:

Hey you two watch it!! :angry:

:P

Fantastic a broad scope for pictures this month.

So I think I will start with what is my favourite picture of the year, which was taken during the Mega2012: Chapel Island Picnic event.

555631_10151174706476834_1218589633_n.jpg

Then marmal & I done a fabulous series finishing off with Picnic Spot - Fawnsy's Funnies

392322_10151160791356834_942406295_n.jpg

I love that top one - reminds me of The Singing Butler. At least I think that's why I love it - not because of the thought of you, marmal, Brave Defender and Big Wolf sporting hairy legs and shorts for the day!

:laughing:

I love that top one - reminds me of The Singing Butler. At least I think that's why I love it - not because of the thought of you, marmal, Brave Defender and Big Wolf sporting hairy legs and shorts for the day!

:laughing:

Well, you wanted a photo of Haggis Hunter, Brave Defender & Marmal with their shorts on. :P (Big Wolf didn't wait for us and was up front somewhere). (Chapel Island Picnic)

c1e14cc2-b8ce-41b5-ae2f-b774eee6c0d2.jpg

For the final competition of 2012 we thought we'd make it as broad as possible: We just want to see your best caching photos of 2012. Pictures of great views, great people, great caches and great fun.

1) The photo must related to a specific UK cache (any type, including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GCcode.

2) The photo must have been taken during 2012.

3) Maximum of two photos per caching team or cacher.

4) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating the rules.

5) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

6) Follow the theme (if one has been set).

Link to the November 2012 Photo Competition.

Here's a couple from this year that I like. Quite a few more and hard to choose just two! (so, I've added a third of the 12/12/12 event just for the joy of it.

More here: http://s1069.beta.photobucket.com/user/Mart-Heretic/library/Cumbria%20Caching

Here's a cool cache location, come on in!

http://coord.info/GC3NEE9

IMG_3145_zps25e2f308.jpg

Another great tree at sunset.

http://coord.info/GC3XHKA

IMG_3982_zpse1368616.jpg

The 12/12/12 mob at Sizergh Castle.

http://coord.info/GC3XM4K

IMG_4595_zps089aba7e.jpg

We've just had a look through last month's selection... a good variety of caching moments from 2012.

We narrowed it down to 6 that we thought were particularly nice, then chatted about what we liked / didn't like so much about each one... Then decided that the winner should be the Lydford Locators' chilly canal and church scene.

Well done Lydford Locators!

0c9c40d3-d2a0-472e-b26d-9460ac1743fc.jpg

We've just had a look through last month's selection... a good variety of caching moments from 2012.

We narrowed it down to 6 that we thought were particularly nice, then chatted about what we liked / didn't like so much about each one... Then decided that the winner should be the Lydford Locators' chilly canal and church scene.

Well done Lydford Locators!

0c9c40d3-d2a0-472e-b26d-9460ac1743fc.jpg

Wow, we won! :-) Thanks for voting for our photo - it makes up for the DNF we had there on such a very cold morning.

Referee! Surely it doesn't count if it was during a DNF!!! :rolleyes:

T'is a great pic though. Amazing how still and reflective water can be, especially when its cold.

:)

:P

Doesn't say you have to have Found the cache!

Good excuse for posting your DNF log, if you have a decent photo taken at the location... :D

Wow, we won! :-) Thanks for voting for our photo - it makes up for the DNF we had there on such a very cold morning.

Is the January competition going to be posted? Or am I being silly and can't see it?? :unsure:

It's now the 9th, so I vote that Haggis Hunter is appointed as the 'other person if necessary' to start the January competition.....

(6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

It's now the 9th, so I vote that Haggis Hunter is appointed as the 'other person if necessary' to start the January competition.....

(6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

Thank you for the vote of confidence...........

I think it should be the second-placed photographer. Mrs B, who would that be?

.........But I have to agree with the above that it should be the second placed photographer. :)