Glass architecture

Not being ugly or overly critical, but how would you distinguish between the two? Here in Dallas almost all our skyscrapers are covered in glass, so would they qualify in both categories? <-- That is NOT a disqualifier in my mind -- many WMs are appropriately housed in multiple categories (in fact, it might be interesting to find the single WM that is accepted in the most number of different categories).

Back on topic: How could you write the long category description to be unique? Maybe you might limit it to clear glass buildings (or adjuncts like atruims) that are transparent? Most skyscraper glass is 1-way or reflective glass (for energy efficiency and aesthetics), so maybe that could be a distinguishing feature for your category.

Another question: Would you accept greenhouses in this new category? If the purpose of the category is to WM cutting-edge WOW-factor glass architecture buildings, you might consider if greenhouses (or other plain utilitarian non-WOW glass buildings) would be appropriate in this category.

My first reaction to this category is one of positivity and enthusiasm (with a few WMs that might fit here in Dallas in my mind already). Tell us more!!! :)

Besides that I consider most of these ugly as sin, I think there is an over prevalence problem. In any modern city and surroundings most major office buildings built in last 30-40 years or so would fall into this category whether skyscrapers or not. I think the major issue you would have is finding some way to limit these to the more interesting buildings rather than a category filled with mundane and boring office buildings in a suburban office parks.

You would need to limit the category to architectural constructs in which glass was both the major structural and the major aesthetic element. A structure designed to highlight glass. Not impossible, but tricky. If you wish to continue, I suggest posting a draft category, and we can take a look. Good luck.