cache limited in time

Polygontier

Could always do a flash mob event. If it's already got lights, do it at night. If not, grab a small portable generator and light up the night.

Why a flash mob? Why not a regular event? Someone can supply hot chocolate and a some Christmas music, and if its a park that allows ground fires, get a fire going. Hang out, chat and enjoy.

Could always do a flash mob event. If it's already got lights, do it at night. If not, grab a small portable generator and light up the night.

Why a flash mob? Why not a regular event? Someone can supply hot chocolate and a some Christmas music, and if its a park that allows ground fires, get a fire going. Hang out, chat and enjoy.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a flash mob but I thought it might go along with the tree light idea.

In fact, I'm headed to a Christmas Tree lighting flash mob event tonight.

I thought permanence would be measured in years, not months.
The "3 months" part of the cache permanence guideline is not a goal. It is an absolute minimum.

A cache with a great view of a Christmas light display, that will be listed only 5-6 weeks while the Christmas light display is in place, would not be acceptable.

A cache with a great view of a construction site, that will be listed only 3-4 months until the construction is complete, could be acceptable (but just barely).

A cache with a great view of a waterfall, that will be listed indefinitely, would be better yet and would be clearly acceptable.