Close out account

Mike & Jess

This Help Center article may help: Deleting My Account

That's about it. If you were envisioning something like your profile and hides disappearing from view, or your posts being deleted, that's never gonna happen around here. I have seen where they will archive your caches, so you don't have to do it one by one yourself. The disabling of an account is, in my opinion, nothing more that a fancy term for removing the ability to send you an email through your profile. :blink:

This Help Center article may help: Deleting My Account

That's about it. If you were envisioning something like your profile and hides disappearing from view, or your posts being deleted, that's never gonna happen around here. I have seen where they will archive your caches, so you don't have to do it one by one yourself. The disabling of an account is, in my opinion, nothing more that a fancy term for removing the ability to send you an email through your profile. :blink:

Going out in a blaze of glory should take care of the things disabling can't.

Yeah, that'll show'em.

You know, drama always blows over eventually. After a while, you look back on stuff and think to yourself "why did I let myself get so worked up over that?"

Of course, if you have decided that caching isn't for you, then you could always just quietly slip away, and let your account go stagnant.

B.

Yeah, that'll show'em.

You know, drama always blows over eventually. After a while, you look back on stuff and think to yourself "why did I let myself get so worked up over that?"

Of course, if you have decided that caching isn't for you, then you could always just quietly slip away, and let your account go stagnant.

B.

I should have mentioned in my suggestion to Mr.Yuck, it is not recommended.

Yeah, that'll show'em.

B.

I should have mentioned in my suggestion to Mr.Yuck, it is not recommended.

Yes, but are you still doing it? Or are you reconsidering?

no idea what your issue is, dont really care. However, I do know a couple things about internet forums as I have been kicking around in various ones for about 15 years. Every forum has a smart arse who tries to stir the mud and every forum has a self appointed Great and powerful OZ who believe that they are bigger better stronger faster etc... In some forums these potholes in the road to cyber happiness are moderators, which is a problem.

A few constants remain. The ones who act like they know everything eventually prove they do not. The ones who stir the mud eventually get some on them. and if they are mods then they usually end up moderating an empty forum.

When you switch off the computer, they all cease to exist. Enter any forum with a measure of apathy and leave a happier person...sometimes easier said than done :unsure:

no idea what your issue is, dont really care. However, I do know a couple things about internet forums as I have been kicking around in various ones for about 15 years. Every forum has a smart arse who tries to stir the mud and every forum has a self appointed Great and powerful OZ who believe that they are bigger better stronger faster etc... In some forums these potholes in the road to cyber happiness are moderators, which is a problem.

A few constants remain. The ones who act like they know everything eventually prove they do not. The ones who stir the mud eventually get some on them. and if they are mods then they usually end up moderating an empty forum.

When you switch off the computer, they all cease to exist. Enter any forum with a measure of apathy and leave a happier person...sometimes easier said than done :unsure:

Well, he's started a few other threads in the past week, and I can say with great certainty his issues have nothing to do with this, or any other Geocaching forum. All local Geo-drama. And believe me, local Geo-drama runs rampant everywhere. :blink: True, most Geo-drama happens from at home from a keyboard, not face to face. But nothing to do with an online forum.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that before your account can be closed, you have to fill out this form in triplicate. Failure to do so may result in your account not being closed.

Well, we were trying to give him a pass in the "How do I?" forum, without anyone breaking out the official Geocide form. :P

Very strange, this doesn't sound like someone who is angry and wants to show us all and take his ball and go home.

Reading the last few logs, and forum posts made by him sounds like something else may be going on. The logs and posts certainly sound like someone who is friendly and reasonably happy. (other than the "blaze of glory" comment. :) )

I wonder if there is something else happening, and if so is there anyway we could help with that?

Whatever the issue is, is it worth giving the other person that much power over you? I would distance myself from the problem and just keep on doing what I know to be right.

Unfortunately, it appears this morning that they've taken their ball and gone home by archiving all of their caches and naming names. I guess those cachers have won.

Whatever the issue is, is it worth giving the other person that much power over you? I would distance myself from the problem and just keep on doing what I know to be right.

Unfortunately, it appears this morning that they've taken their ball and gone home by archiving all of their caches and naming names. I guess those cachers have won.

How much drama can someone who logs every find with a smiley face dish out? :unsure: Sorry, he did name names, and I looked to see if I could find any drama, but there's nothing visible. Well, fortunately, the self-archival of caches can be undone by a reviewer. Please reconsider, Mike & Jess.

well the drama has been hidden from most of the geocaching community except for the few local cachers who know what is going on and a couple of forum post from mikeandjess. It is pretty sad when certain cachers can ruin a person outlook on the game . remember it is just a game .Come on mikeandjess rethink it abit you both have done a lot for the caching community of Greater SUDBURY ON .

Edited by juliendon