Lat. and Long. convert to Grid Ref

JJKendal

The answer is I'm pretty sure a NO. I've looked at my phone and can't see a way.

Why would you want to run the geocaching app in OSGB? Cache coords are in Degrees and Decimal minutes. Are you using the phone in conjunction with the paper OS maps? If so you can get OS maps on the iPhone with Memory Map. Check out the App Store.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website

I am not sure if I am in the right forum, so sorry if not. But thanks for your help:

I want to introduce newbie's to Geocaching, so I give them coordinates to look for on ther smartphone.

For example 47 23.333 9 23.333.

Android users can type loc:47 23.333 9 23.333 and get to the correct tree but not iPhone users. Neither with apple maps nor with google maps.

What can I do that it works both for Android and iPhone users?

Have you tried doing a Google search for what you are asking? Google most of the time can be your best friend.

Also if you open a cache page, under the Lat/Long will be a link you can click named "Other Conversions." This will take you to a page like this: http://www.geocaching.com/wpt/?lat=42.614417&lon=-73.69745&detail=1 where it will give you British Grid for that Lat/Long. Also on that page you can change the coords to what ever you want and by clicking on "change waypoint" you will update all other conversions for the new coords.

Hope this helps.

I am not sure if I am in the right forum, so sorry if not. But thanks for your help:

I want to introduce newbie's to Geocaching, so I give them coordinates to look for on ther smartphone.

For example 47 23.333 9 23.333.

Android users can type loc:47 23.333 9 23.333 and get to the correct tree but not iPhone users. Neither with apple maps nor with google maps.

What can I do that it works both for Android and iPhone users?

Google Earth works on both IOS and Android and 47 23.333 9 23.333 works out just dandy on an iPhone with Google Earth.

Google Earth for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.earth&hl=en

Google Earth for IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-earth/id293622097?mt=8