How to locate cache without "go to" on GPS

hidenseek581

This is probably a dumb questions, but here goes... I want to check the level of detail of some a map that I just loaded for another country. I have downloaded some caches for that location on my 62s, did find, geocaches, found the cache I wanted to locate, enter, I can then enter"go", but since the cache I want is 7500 miles from my home, scrolling that far is not practical. Is there a faster way to view the location of a cache?

Thanks in advance.

This is probably a dumb questions, but here goes... I want to check the level of detail of some a map that I just loaded for another country. I have downloaded some caches for that location on my 62s, did find, geocaches, found the cache I wanted to locate, enter, I can then enter"go", but since the cache I want is 7500 miles from my home, scrolling that far is not practical. Is there a faster way to view the location of a cache?

Thanks in advance.

Does the 62s has a demo mode? If it does, then after you enter "go", you will have a choice of moving to that location, in addition to navigating there. By moving the "current location" to the location of the cache will allow you to see the map where the cache is located.

Are you saying that you also have other caches loaded in, and because of the distance to those far away caches, you would have to scroll through too many local caches to get to those? If that is what you are saying, use the spelling mode and enter the GC# to list the far away cache. Then you should be able to "Go to" it.

Does the 62s has a demo mode? If it does, then after you enter "go", you will have a choice of moving to that location, in addition to navigating there. By moving the "current location" to the location of the cache will allow you to see the map where the cache is located.

Go to SETUP - SYSTEM - GPS - DEMO MODE

Now you can hit the FIND button and enter the coordinates. After you hit DONE, when you are in DEMO MODE, it gives you this dialog:

"Do you want to simulate driving this route?" with the possible answers: YES, NO, MOVE TO LOCATION.

Select MOVE TO LOCATION and you problem is solved.

(this is the same method I use to produce screen shots for all my maps posted on gpsfiledepot.com. If I had to actually go to all those places just to get screen shots, I'd be pretty busy!)

Thanks in advance.

open the Geocache icon, a list of caches will appear. The caches that are closest appear first. Select menu, choose Spell Search. Assuming you know the name of the cache your want to view, enter it. It will come to the top of the list. Select it. It will show the cache and it's location on the map.