Gereral Rules for Finds?

Mike & Jess

The cache listing itself should dictate how you find the cache. example: "Park here" "Leave like you found it" "Stay on this side of the fence" In the spirit of not getting muggled you shouldn't drive up to a sight and open the doors at the GZ unless its a P&G. But thats for how you arrive. Find and replace the cache like you found it is another no brainer. I have always wondered myself how many cache have been muggled and how many have just been screwed up by accident by cachers not taking their time. So basically when it comes to caching you don't want everbody to know your business and the only proof that you have been there should be the log sheet.

I'm wondering if there is a guide for finds similar to the one for hides.

Like this?

What type of information are you looking for? Are you talking about locating caches you want to find through the website, locating the physical container, logging the find, or something else?

Not exactly. Was hoping for something like the Hides guide with the do's and don'ts.

I sent you a note with exactly what I'm looking for/dealing with.

I'm wondering if there is a guide for finds similar to the one for hides.

Like this?

III. LOGGING Guidelines: Logging Guidelines cover the requirements that must be fulfilled in order to log a find.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

B.

I guess that is about as good as I'll get.

It's hard to explain exactly what I'm looking for without getting into too much details. I'm dealing with some local issues.

Feel free to go into details-though it's probably not a good idea to name any specific cache or cacher.

Is there issues with certain cachers, or perhaps some are getting muggled? You Reviewer is Cache Chameleon correct? I like him and he's always been helpful-even with a local powertrail. Try sending him a message?

Never mind about Cache Chameleon, I looked and you have had at least 3 different reviewers(none of whom where CacheCameleon) Either way try contacting one of them.

I think you may be confused on my area. We have 5 active reviewers in Ontario (Canada). 6 reviewers if Cachetech is a local, although he hasn't been reviewing any caches in the area from what I can see.

I unfortunately can't really give any details on the forum. I've already received an email from the cacher in questions's counter part (long, worded and not friendly).

Unfortunately because it's not through any GS servers, the email is meaningless.

Edited by Mike & Jess

I think you may be confused on my area. We have 5 active reviewers in Ontario (Canada). 6 reviewers if Cachetech is a local, although he hasn't been reviewing any caches in the area from what I can see.

Not confused. I assumed because he lives in that area(fills in for my local reviewer is how I know him) he might be reviewer. But of course you know what happens when you I ASSuME. :unsure:

Edited by T.D.M.22

OFF TOPIC . I believe that cache tech and cache agent are in Ontario but they review for the maritimes

Volunteer cache reviewers do not get involved in refereeing disputes about what constitutes a "find." So, let's end the off-topic tangent. The proper place to write is Groundspeak customer relations.

See this page in the Groundspeak Knowledge Books for additional guidance about logging disputes. Focus especially on the paragraph titled "Messy Situation?" which I wrote a few years ago. It might be applicable to your current situation.

OFF TOPIC . I believe that cache tech and cache agent are in Ontario but they review for the maritimes

That makes sense. I knew cache tech was somewhat local (from Ontario) and still involved as a reviewer, but hasn't actively reviewed locally in a while. Cache tech also was the reviewer that published my cache in NS. I had just checked who the reviewer was on that cache.

Volunteer cache reviewers do not get involved in refereeing disputes about what constitutes a "find." So, let's end the off-topic tangent. The proper place to write is Groundspeak customer relations.

See this page in the Groundspeak Knowledge Books for additional guidance about logging disputes. Focus especially on the paragraph titled "Messy Situation?" which I wrote a few years ago. It might be applicable to your current situation.

The link you provided is much closer to what I was looking for. I had written something similar on our local forum after a few folks had issues with logs posted and deleted by a pair of cachers. The article you linked is written much better than my explanation, so I'll update that post with your link.

As for the "Messy Situation" bit.. Tried that round one, two, maybe three as well with the party involved. I will not elaborate any further here as I'm looking at other means now to put an end to things and restore the local game to the family friendly sport/hobby it once was.

The link you provided is much closer to what I was looking for. I had written something similar on our local forum after a few folks had issues with logs posted and deleted by a pair of cachers. The article you linked is written much better than my explanation, so I'll update that post with your link.

Oh, that clears things up a lot.

Checking out your forum cleared up some more of the mystery.

Ugh, icky situation. Best to try and rise above it, and move on.

One always hopes that "situations" wouldn't arise in a small group/community. But humans are humans, no matter where or how small the community.

B.

Oh, that clears things up a lot.

Checking out your forum cleared up some more of the mystery.

Ugh, icky situation. Best to try and rise above it, and move on.

One always hopes that "situations" wouldn't arise in a small group/community. But humans are humans, no matter where or how small the community.

B.

That is only the tip of the ice berg. It was only made public because I was looking for some help to resolve that issue. I hurt my back pretty badly playing with my kids (being stupid, twist while lifting one of them) and haven't been able to get out. I have worked hard to keep the rest out of sight in order not to tarnish the family friendly sport.

My general rules for finds are simple. If I find the cache and sign the log I call it a find. If I don't find the cache and sign the log I don't call it a find. I think this approach helps keep my caching life pretty simple and fun.

+1.

+2