Cool Cow Cacher's Climb of the Month

Cool Cow Cachers

This may or may not become a regular event but either way it all starts here.

This Saturday, December 1, 2012, I'll be heading out to grab a little elevation, a new peak and the caches on Mount Teneriffe. Those not afraid of a little bad weather and hard work are welcome to come along for the fun!

The plan is to hit the trail at 7:ooAM at the Mount Teneriffe Trailhead. From there we'll ascend via the Kamikaze Trail, 3.75 miles and 3800' to the summit of Mount teneriffe. The descent will follow the old logging roads back down to the trailhead. Round trip distance is a little over 10 miles and there are 15 caches to grab along the way. The route with the caches is below.

The weather promises to be wet and there will be snow on the ground so come prepared.

8224975974_754b7a13bc_z.jpg

What a great idea! And a great hike, one of my favs. Unfortunately I can't make it though. Maybe the next one!

The descent will follow the old logging roads back down to the trailhead. Round trip distance is a little over 10 miles and there are 15 caches to grab along the way.

Yes, great idea! The last time we were up there we blew off most of the caches on the road because it was pouring down rain. The only problem is that we swore we'd never hike that road again (up or down), so I guess that means we can't go.

:huh: Are you getting old or what?

Running to the top with a 40 pound pack when preparing for Mt McKinley and a few other Mountains, those were the Days.

I can remember all the times taking Cub Scouts up that road, they loved it. Playing in the Waterfall near the Path Less Travelled. Then came Boy Scouts.

Just put one foot in front of the other and think of that Ice Cold Beer you planted in the falls at Path or that Icy Moose Drool waiting at the Pour House.

I was going to drop off a bundle of my Coins before this gang got up to my Teneriffe Cache but she who must be obeyed informed me of a previous obligation.

Have a fun trip...... :anibad: