Most Finds in 1 Day

Mike & Jess

Leapfrogging.

Not necessarily. They could be playing the Three Cache Monte...

Or they could try to

(3 finds in about 160 seconds). But it would be tough to do that for 24 hours.

If the terrain was that easy here, it wouldn't be hard to hold that pace for a few hours.

Definitely not what I had ever thought geocaching would become when I started.

1568 caches. :D

That is ~55 seconds a cache in 24 hours.

Looking at your stats, I see;

Most finds in a day: 764 on 8/26/2011; 755 on 8/27/2011; 546 on 1/1/2011

Would be interested in hearing how you pulled those off.

POWER TRAILS thats how you pull that off. :laughing: The 2 700+ days were on the ET Highway and the other was on the RT 66 power trail. The 1568 I just made up. :laughing: After power trails came into play what does it matter how many you can find in one day. There have been many threads on this subject and the results are never ever good results. :laughing:

I agree, that's it. Close the thread now. :laughing:

I agree too. Nothing more to talk about. :laughing:

Yes, I knew myself and 4DD were on the same sheet of music. You will not get an answer, Mike and Jess. Some people "leapfrog" or play "three cache monte" on Powertrails. Some would never do that, and sign every single log, and put every single cache back. This simple question could very well start a thread that goes on for weeks. :ph34r:

Yes, I knew myself and 4DD were on the same sheet of music. You will not get an answer, Mike and Jess. Some people "leapfrog" or play "three cache monte" on Powertrails. Some would never do that, and sign every single log, and put every single cache back. This simple question could very well start a thread that goes on for weeks. :ph34r:

Now you did it. This went from how many in 1 day to how did you do that in one day. :laughing: Like it always does. :laughing:

Being that in our area, powertrails are 15-20 caches... Ya, we'll sign/stamp every log, put it back and even log it online.

The reason I asked the original question is that I think in Ontario Canada, the cache count in a single day is below 200 caches (may be more now).

We don't have long desert roads like route 66 where caches can be jump, stamp, jump in.

well I found 403 caches in ONE day.. like really finding and signing and hiding again,

it was ULTRA hard core, nothing easy at all, the top score pr hr was 46

I nearly passed out and had to stop moving compleetly at 23hrs tha last hr I just sat in the car

while others drove me home, it took me two days to remember how to spell my name again.

I must say it is impossible to truely beat it, unless you just cheat somehow,

like team logging and all that stuff we hear happen all the time.

1500 a day.. ya right, why not a million..

well I found 403 caches in ONE day.. like really finding and signing and hiding again,

I nearly passed out and had to stop moving compleetly at 23hrs tha last hr I just sat in the car

while others drove me home, it took me two days to remember how to spell my name again.

I'm not sure that I could find the log anymore but I read a log from someone that did a solo run on the ET trail on a motorcycle and had ~750 finds in a single day. No leapfrogging. No three cache monte.

You REALLY think 403 caches in one day can't be beat unless you cheat. LMAO. Come on out to the ET highway or RT 66 and see if you can beat the 403. The first ET Highway I started by myself and knocked out 340+ in a little over 6 1/2 hours. Signed and replaced every single cache by myself. I went to the noon event and made the 6 hour drive back home because I got bored. Left my dang ipod at home or else i would have kept going. So just becuase you only managed 403 caches in 24 hours doesnt mean others cant beat you and not cheat. :rolleyes: See where these type of threads go. :laughing: I dont leap frog or 3 cache monte either.

Edited by the4dirtydogs

I'm not sure that I could find the log anymore but I read a log from someone that did a solo run on the ET trail on a motorcycle and had ~750 finds in a single day. No leapfrogging. No three cache monte.

NO it's impossible and can't be done. Unless you cheat. The most is 403 in one day. :rolleyes:

When I see anyone with alot of finds (800 or more) in one day. I think of stamping a "*" beside their screen name. <_<

Good thing I dont have any 800+ days, I wouldn't want a stamped "*" by my name. Whatever that means. :laughing:

When you put an Asterisk beside someones name, it means they may had cheated. Questionable cheaters get 'em as well. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When I see anyone with alot of finds (800 or more) in one day. I think of stamping a "*" beside their screen name. <_<

Good thing I dont have any 800+ days, I wouldn't want a stamped "*" by my name. Whatever that means. :laughing:

When you put an Asterisk beside someones name, it means they may had cheated. Questionable cheaters get 'em as well. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good thing I'm not a cheater. Whatever that means. :laughing:

If someone could leapfrog while doing a solo run, then I'd really be impressed. :D Doing the three cache monte would be kind of pointless if you're on your own.

Looks like my goal when trying to make a BIG jump in daily finds will be to find by myself with no team or any other practice that seems to be questionable.

That's the problem with trying to compare statistics across different participants. There is no accepted standard for what exactly constitutes a legitimate find. Everybody creates their own. Some "odder" than others.

Now you did it. This went from how many in 1 day to how did you do that in one day. :laughing: Like it always does. :laughing:

:drama: This going be good.

:drama: This going be good.

Not really because we all know how this ends. :laughing:

The reason I asked the original question is that I think in Ontario Canada, the cache count in a single day is below 200 caches (may be more now).

We don't have long desert roads like route 66 where caches can be jump, stamp, jump in.

Here's the record history for Ontario, Canada starting with breaking the 100 caches in a day mark which was first done by Walking Woody and his daughter.

451 - Saturday, April 15, 2012 - London

228 - Saturday, March 31, 2012 - London

217 - Saturday, April 9, 2011 - London

113 - Friday, April 23, 2010 - Kitchener (not a power trail)

105 - Monday, April 5, 2010 - Brantford - walking woody and daughter Stephanie (First to find 100 caches in a day within Ontario)

Here's the history of the world record. When was 1568 set and by who so it can be added to the following.

1564 (1 Day 12:00AM - 9:17PM) - September 4, 2011 - Team Sand Dollar, Team Geo-Rangers, markj57, Peasinapod

1157 (24 hrs) - Monday, September 27, 2010 - Alamo, Nevada - Foomanjoo, F0T0M0M, ventura_kids

1105 - (1 Day 8:20AM - 6:45PM) - July 31, 2010 - Nevada - FlagMan, devhead, AS73, SD-Weiss, Thunder-4, Ragfoot

1021 - (1 Day) - July 14, 2010 - Nevada - Triple Crown, Duncan!, lulu499, snflwrmh

737 - (1 Day) - July 7, 2010 - Nevada - tite lines

1038 - (24 hrs) - June 18\19, 2010 - Nevada - Peasinapod, Team Geo-Rangers

695 (1 Day) - Friday, April 16, 2010 - Nevada\California - legoboyjj, Rain or Shine, ZSteve

626 (1 Day) - Friday, April 2, 2010 - Nevada\Califonria - Team Geo-Rangers, Peasinapod

566 - March 26, 2010 - Nevada\California - ventura_kids, f0t0m0m, Cachepal

480 - December 28, 2009 - Denmark\Sweden - Picht, Elmbaek

413 (1 Day) - August 29, 2009 - Colorado - ventura_kids, f0t0m0m, EMC of Northridge, CA

409 - May 9, 2009 - Colorado - dndsterns, chefstern, ColoradoOB

315 (24 hrs) - May 18, 2008 - Sacramento, California - Elmbaek, Schuleit, gjensen, Picht, tottommy, Sjanten, Zooor

312 (24 hrs) - May 20, 2006 - Texas - geoPirat, m.zielinski, darth_maul_3, spuchtfink, Cache & Keri

263 (24 hrs) - May 22, 2005 - Jacksonville, Florida - geoPirat, Huskie

246 (24 hrs) - October 24, 2004 - Jacksonville, Florida - CaptDC52, Luke11.9, Zatoichi

240 (24 hrs) - July 4, 2004 - Nashville, Tennessee - The Leprechauns, carleenp

238 (24 hrs) - September 14, 2003 - Nashville, Tennessee - fullct

Here's the record history for Ontario, Canada starting with breaking the 100 caches in a day mark which was first done by Walking Woody and his daughter.

451 - Saturday, April 15, 2012 - London

228 - Saturday, March 31, 2012 - London

217 - Saturday, April 9, 2011 - London

113 - Friday, April 23, 2010 - Kitchener (not a power trail)

105 - Monday, April 5, 2010 - Brantford - walking woody and daughter Stephanie (First to find 100 caches in a day within Ontario)

Here's the history of the world record. When was 1568 set and by who so it can be added to the following.

SNIP FOR BREVITY

1568 was a random number and a joke. Does your 1564 include leap-frogging or 3 cache monte? I know if Ventura Kids see this thread (currently #2 on that list), he will certainly bring up how he and people he caches with walk (or run) up to every cache, sticker the log book, and replace it before leaving.

1568 was a random number and a joke. Does your 1564 include leap-frogging or 3 cache monte? I know if Ventura Kids see this thread (currently #2 on that list), he will certainly bring up how he and people he caches with walk (or run) up to every cache, sticker the log book, and replace it before leaving.

I don't know how they or others did their records. You would have to ask them. The list is from what people posted of their achievements in the forums that i have noticed or from what I have noticed in logs. I can only speak for some of the records that were set in Ontario since I was there for 3 of them.

Who has the lowest number as their maximum in one day. I submit mine of 17. (That is in a 24h period, not a callender day)

33 for me in a 24 hour period (about 8 hours of actual caching). I'm currently at .19 caches per day over the last year.

To me, it's not about the numbers, it's about the memories. I can remember very few of those caches I found on that 33 cache day. I've only found 70 caches this year but I can remember most of them as they include finds in 5 different countries and include a FTF was was almost 9400 miles from home.

There are always peopel that want to be "king of the hill" I have heard of people that have confirmed cache day records of several thousand. That requires careful planning, teamwork (one person drives and navigtates, one finds, one logs and records) and a full 24 hours. Not my idea of a day of fun, but to each his own. My personal best day was 102. That's certainly not a record, but it was a memorable day for me.

OK who wants to define 'three cache monte' and 'leapfrogging' to me?

three cache monte: A new (hopefully similar or even exact replica) container with a signed log is placed at cache #1. Cache #1 is retrieved, and signed while traveling to cache #2, and is left at that location. Cache #2 is retrieved, signed on the way to Cache #3, and left there. Cache #3 is retrieved and signed on the way to Cache #4...ad nauseum.

leapfrogging: The 'team' splits up into multiple vehicles, with each vehicle only stopping at every other, or every third, (etc) cache. The entire 'team' in all the vehicles logs all the caches even though any particular vehicle may have only stopped at every third cache.

I once found 60 caches in 15 hours to celebrate my 60th birthday, lately I did a small power trail and found 60 in 6 1/2 hours. You know which one was the most fun, yes the 60 in 15 hours, the small power trail was BORING.

I agree. We tried a power trail once, got 3 caches in and got bored. Went for icecream instead.

We have a few cachers locally that need an asterisk beside their name. My favorite local cheater generally isn't even with her partner when he makes a find. She tops it off with a smilie face for an online log. (sorry off topic).

Looks like my goal when trying to make a BIG jump in daily finds will be to find by myself with no team or any other practice that seems to be questionable.

I am thinkin the same for next summer, but because of the cost of fuel and the fun of spending a day with a few friends, I'll probably car pool with a couple cachers, but we will all sign the logs and place the cache back where it was found.

I'm also a huge fan of logging as we find them, so odds are, we'll live log on the GC site.

Where was that? Over in your part of the world, a trail like that can take you across several country borders, can't it? :lol: