9th International Mathtrade

ECplus3

Received the last 3 coins I've been waiting for. I've been in the hospital for the last week, so I'm not sure when they arrived, but they helped make my homecoming a happy one :)

I haven't received confirmation of receipt from avroair, but I believe all coins I sent have arrived at their new homes.

Thanks to everyone for playing and to Chuck for hosting once again.

I'll try to post photos of my new treasures once I feel a little stronger.

THANKS! :wub:

And finally...the photos! Just a note, though: The Flying Pigeon coin in the Manhattan Urban Cachers series did not come from this math trade. Since I had that one, I was excited to add the other 3 coins in the series.

Thanks again to all who participated.

mt91.jpg

mt92.jpg

:( Another 5 weeks have passed but still no sign of the geocoins :(

(ATLANTAGAL)3X

(LAVAL K-9)4X

(THE MOOP ALONG)1X

(STEBEN6)3X

Got several other geocoins in the meantime.

Looks like the mathtrade geocoins are definitely lost in the mail. :(

:( 8 weeks further and no geocoins :(

(ATLANTAGAL)3X

(LAVAL K-9)4X

(THE MOOP ALONG)1X

(STEBEN6)3X

4 packages lost at the same time? Wow, what a tragedy. What coins were in them? Maybe I have one of them available that I can send you...

(ATLANTAGAL)3X

(LAVAL K-9)4X

(THE MOOP ALONG)1X

(STEBEN6)3X

Wow :( how disappointing! I'd like to know which ones were lost as well. Maybe I can help.

Wow, you guys are way too generous. I don't plan on replacing anything. If it were 1 isolated missing package, maybe I'd agree it was lost and consider replacements. But 4 packages sent around the same time? That's a customs red flag if I ever saw one, and certainly no fault of the sender(s).

Imoutnabout, Yanagi and Steben6: Thanks for your kind replies ! Very much appreciated.

Of course it is not my intention to make any of you pay for the mistakes that must have been made by USPS, Post NL or customs.

When after 2 weeks none of the missing coins showed up I was already afraid they probably would never arrive.....

I have tried at Post NL if they could help me but their answer was clear: “normal” mail without track/trace-codes can not be tracked at all.

I guess none of you have shipped the coins with a trackingcode but if you have any, please let me know !

The missing coins are following:

AtlantaGal: wolf pack harvest moon as glow

AtlantaGal: Cache Dragon Crazy teen neon

AtlantaGal: Indian inlay s

Steben6: wolfpack gcf denver

Steben6: Earth turtle Nutella

Steben6: GCF colrado welcome event 2012

Laval K-9: Avalanche 2010 Not Trackable

Laval K-9: Avalanche 2011 Not Trackable

Laval K-9: Midwest Geobash 2012

Laval K-9: Geo sniffing as

The Moop Along: Illegal Alien not trackable

To AtlantagaL: I understand what you are saying but I do not agree that others are “way too generous”.

All of us share the same hobby, all of us do this for our own pleasure and of course if something goes wrong we all try to help each other. So if you do not share this opinion that’s just fine.

For all a Happy Easter.

Loves, Marjon

Before making a decision, I'll wait a bit longer if you don't mind pingos :signalviolin:

I'm still thinking they'll show up. Had a coin, mailed in November, take about 3.5 months! It arrived the day after I issued a refund.

If at least one of those packages could show up, it would give us all hope :rolleyes:

I remember trading 4 coins with someone in Europe a long time ago. I received my coins and he did not. He even asked to wait a very long time before I decided to send him an other package. While he was waiting for the second package, his neighbour showed up with the mail he's been holding a while back for him while he was away on vacation forgeting to bring it to him earlier. You guessed it, my package was among the letters. He sent me 4 more coins and everyone was happy with that trade :lol:

Now that pingos is back from vacation, I am sending her 2 coins since she never received the first package I sent her. I sort of cut the pear in two since the original trade was 4 coins. She seems happy with the coins I am sending her.

Let's hope that she will receive this mailer or I'll take the plane and deliver them myself next time :laughing:

Now that pingos is back from vacation, I am sending her 2 coins since she never received the first package I sent her. I sort of cut the pear in two since the original trade was 4 coins. She seems happy with the coins I am sending her.

Let's hope that she will receive this mailer or I'll take the plane and deliver them myself next time :laughing:

Hi Claire,

Thank you! When the coins are in Amsterdam I let you know. By the way you are always welcome in our big city :D

Marjon

At least yanagi in only eating popcorn, maybe a little too much but he doesn't mix stuff :laughing:

:mmraspberry:

No, I'm not mixing!! Only one stuff per thread :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank god the design of our coin was done before the last missions. My silhouette would have been even more dominating the coin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by yanagi

At least yanagi in only eating popcorn, maybe a little too much but he doesn't mix stuff :laughing:

:mmraspberry:

No, I'm not mixing!! Only one stuff per thread :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank god the design of our coin was done before the last missions. My silhouette would have been even more dominating the coin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Today had a workout for 2 hours and burned more then 650 calories. So I need mixed snacks today :lol:

Tomorrow I will eat much less <_<

Hoho. :drama: ..stop with eating!

Today the postman brings an envelop from Canada with 2 very nice geocoins and a very kind text.

541b5263-9df0-416e-890e-cf3c59a48d57.jpg?rnd=0.4787828

Hello Marjon, Those are 2 coins in replacement of the one I sent many months ago during the Math Trade. Hope they will make it. Cheers! Claire Laval K9

Many thanks for doing this for me.

Loves, Marjon

Hoho. :drama: ..stop with eating!

Today the postman brings an envelop from Canada with 2 very nice geocoins and a very kind text.

541b5263-9df0-416e-890e-cf3c59a48d57.jpg?rnd=0.4787828

Hello Marjon, Those are 2 coins in replacement of the one I sent many months ago during the Math Trade. Hope they will make it. Cheers! Claire Laval K9

Many thanks for doing this for me.

Loves, Marjon

I'm very happy to see the coins made it safely and so rapidly to you :D

On the other hand, it means there won't be anymore snack parties, I'll miss those. But wait, there will always be new missions so we may do it again :rolleyes:

Now, we can take it easy and relax..... :mmraspberry:

The Mathtrade may be over but now between pingos and me :rolleyes: She was kind enough to send me a nice card with her beautiful personal geocoin. Trust in the international shipping has now been restored since we each mailed something to the other one and it was received very rapidly ;)

mathtrade-1.jpg

Thanks pingos for the gift! :D

The Mathtrade may be over but now between pingos and me :rolleyes: She was kind enough to send me a nice card with her beautiful personal geocoin. Trust in the international shipping has now been restored since we each mailed something to the other one and it was received very rapidly ;)

mathtrade-1.jpg

Thanks pingos for the gift! :D

Your welcome!

I'm not the brightest bulb in the geolamp, but I'll give it a go.

Not even a FB'er (and don't want to be) ... so this would be a learning curve for me.

Chuck, we can have the Math Trade now that we are 2 :laughing:

ILYM

Does that mean I'll have to go through ONE WHOLE LIST and make decisions ... ??? O M G !!!

Reconsidering ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... UMmmm ... still in ... :lol:

Count me in :-) (hopefully the math trade will still be open to people outside the US)

Half of those to reply publicly so far are from outside of North American so I would hope the chances of it being an International Math Trade would be good.

Edited by keewee

It was actually the US participants that I was most anxious to hear from. There was a lot of surprised people last year when the postal rates shot up just before the end of the mathtrade. Many said they wouldn't be trading anymore.

I'll start a thread for the 10th International Mathtrade in a few weeks.

Oh, and I'm outside the US myself. :)

Edited by E&Cplus3

It was actually the US participants that I was most anxious to hear from. There was a lot of surprised people last year when the postal rates shot up just before the end of the mathtrade. Many said they wouldn't be trading anymore.

I was a bit hesitant to sign on due to possible postal rates. But, the opportunity to secure desirable coins outweighed that consideration.

What the heck, everything is rising rapidly and postage isn't going down anytime soon. Coin prices are rising just about as rapidly. $9 and 10 coins shot to 12.99 and now with a few 'add-on' elements we're seeing some at $15+. If I let 'rising prices' stop me, I wouldn't have a car to drive, no gas IN the car and no food on the table. :huh:

Looking forward to a few more US folks entering as well, but the flip side of the coin is that Euro coiners get a lot of coins that we here in the States do not, and vice versa.

I was a bit hesitant to sign on due to possible postal rates. But, the opportunity to secure desirable coins outweighed that consideration.

What the heck, everything is rising rapidly and postage isn't going down anytime soon. Coin prices are rising just about as rapidly. $9 and 10 coins shot to 12.99 and now with a few 'add-on' elements we're seeing some at $15+. If I let 'rising prices' stop me, I wouldn't have a car to drive, no gas IN the car and no food on the table. :huh:

Looking forward to a few more US folks entering as well, but the flip side of the coin is that Euro coiners get a lot of coins that we here in the States do not, and vice versa.

Even the price of popcorn is going up, it won't stop us from eating it during some missions :P

ILYM