Pocket Query Question

DRJDSmith

I use GSAK for downloading my pocket queries to my GPS. I usually do a PQ using my home as my center point but now I want to also do a PQ using my work place as a center point. Can I put both PQ files into GSAK or do I need to delete one PQ to place the other in GSAK?

I can use as many PQ's as you want. There's no need to delete anything. GSAK will blend them into one database that you can then sort using you home coords or the coords at your workplace, or anywhere you wish.

You can even create multiple databases in GSAK if you wanted to.

I am curious, though...is work really so far from home that the PQ for either location won't cover both areas?

I'm in California, and I'm a little unusual because I do, in fact, live and work in the same PQ. My wife, though, is more typical: she works a couple PQs away, about 30 miles.

I am curious, though...is work really so far from home that the PQ for either location won't cover both areas?
I'm in California, and I'm a little unusual because I do, in fact, live and work in the same PQ. My wife, though, is more typical: she works a couple PQs away, about 30 miles.
For me, a PQ for the 1000 unfound caches nearest to home reaches only 8 miles. A lot of people around here live more than 16 miles from work.
For me, a PQ for the 1000 unfound caches nearest to home reaches only 8 miles. A lot of people around here live more than 16 miles from work.

Wow! For me it's 80.1 miles.

My work is 16 miles from my home. If I average the latitudes and longitudes to get a halfway point, and do a radius of 8 miles, there are 1295 caches.

I'm not even in the most dense area of our city suburbs.

In GSAK, click on Tools>Options, then the Locations tab. In the dialog box, type something like "Office, appropriate coords", then OK. Your office location will now be included in the Locations pick list towards the top of the screen. Load all your PQs into one or as many databases as needed. GSAK will sort the caches by the selection of "Home" or "Office".

Yeah, that's about the same as for me: home PQ radius 8 miles, middle PQ diameter 16 miles, work PQ radius 8 miles makes 32 miles altogether if work is in the 2nd PQ away from home, which is what I meant by "a couple PQs away". (I was actually just counting my standing PQs, so it's nice to see my eyeball number match a numeric analysis.)