Easy way to fill in your placed by date grid?

Gamaliel

If you are running PQs or APIs for your area, just sort GSAK by placed date.

If not, you can set up a PQ using the Placed Date. If you make the dates narrow enough, and set it to return 1000, you should be able to cover 500 miles from home.

In my case, I needed a couple months in 2000, so just set it to find the caches placed before Jan 2001.

Aside from that, you can go to the Hide and Seek area and choose the state you want to look in, then have it sort from oldest placed date and go down through the list, however this is time consuming.

Most of the macros for GSAK will only work with your exsisting database/set.

You can set a PQ to only include caches placed in a certain month.

The problem is that the farther back you go, the active caches placed in a particular month get fewer and farther between, and some states don't have what you need.

The 'trick' I used was to create a PQ for basically any cache, and when choosing the state hidden in, I held down the Ctrl key and selected all of the contiguous states in the USA (this is the hard part). After that I changed the 'placed between' dates, and voila!, every cache in the contiguous states hidden in that month. I didn't run the queries, but just bookmarked the various caches that I needed.

You can set a PQ to only include caches placed in a certain month.

The problem is that the farther back you go, the active caches placed in a particular month get fewer and farther between, and some states don't have what you need.

The 'trick' I used was to create a PQ for basically any cache, and when choosing the state hidden in, I held down the Ctrl key and selected all of the contiguous states in the USA (this is the hard part). After that I changed the 'placed between' dates, and voila!, every cache in the contiguous states hidden in that month. I didn't run the queries, but just bookmarked the various caches that I needed.

Nevermind!

What I described will help you fill out your 'Jasmer' grid, but should not be needed for the 'placed date' grid.

:anicute:

There's a macro for that, just select the day of the year and it'll find all caches place on that day regardless of the year.

I think it's called anniversary something or something like that.

Just downloaded it and it's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=22739&st=0entry167625

I'm partial to this one. It will filter your unfound database for caches that were placed on a date you still need to fill in.

I noticed the ones you are looking for are in 2000 and 2001.

They were asking about the days of the year, not the Jasmer, although your post may still be of interest to them.

Oh the Placed date confused me, since that can easily be changed.

I went and checked mine. No wonder I didn't notice it. Looks so much like Find by date. I guess I don't have to worry about mine.

Edited by jellis