GeoCoin display case... where?

xmod4u

I have been searching for days now, trying to find a nice wall mounted display case for my GeoCoin collectibles.

Google has plenty of results, but just not the right thing. Many coin display case out there, but the shelves have slots in them for the coin to fit directly into, when I want to be able to leave the coin on its original stand it came with.

I have even been to many stores like Pier1, homesense and others, but to no avail.

Anyone has suggestions or ideas of where I could find such a thing?

Keeping in mind that I am in Canada.

Thanks for anyones time.

Google is your friend.

" challenge coin display " and there will be many choices with outstanding options. With the wood ones, even wood color is a choice for many offered.

Everything from ~$35 to $200, depending on size.

I would avoid the e-site selections.

We dealt with one of the challenge coin companies that advertises almost exclusively to military, but they will certainly sell (and ship) to anyone. I don't have the company handy as the purchase details were on my last computer that a lot of old info didn't get transferred from.

Military challenge coins are nearly identical to geocoins, but not 'trackable'. Often the same approx. size and weight coins. It's likely the individual stands may fit on the shelves, but we use the groove provided in each shelf. Another option is that the one we chose also came (included) with an optional mirror for the inside backing of the case and there is always a hint visible of what is on the other side of the displayed coin.

You will also find many options for desk top versions in all sizes and cases with and without glass doors designed for hanging.

------------------------

Google is your friend.

" challenge coin display " and there will be many choices with outstanding options. With the wood ones, even wood color is a choice for many offered.

Everything from ~$35 to $200, depending on size.

I would avoid the e-site selections.

We dealt with one of the challenge coin companies that advertises almost exclusively to military, but they will certainly sell (and ship) to anyone. I don't have the company handy as the purchase details were on my last computer that a lot of old info didn't get transferred from.

Military challenge coins are nearly identical to geocoins, but not 'trackable'. Often the same approx. size and weight coins. It's likely the individual stands may fit on the shelves, but we use the groove provided in each shelf. Another option is that the one we chose also came (included) with an optional mirror for the inside backing of the case and there is always a hint visible of what is on the other side of the displayed coin.

You will also find many options for desk top versions in all sizes and cases with and without glass doors designed for hanging.

------------------------

Thanks for the response.

I had "googled" the options, of course, but nothing I am looking for was coming up.

Those you see when searching these words will not fit the stand inside, you can only use the provided "groove" to hold the coin.

I communicated with some retailers of these so called challenge coin display and they confirmed that the coin stand will not fit inside.

I am going to look into making my own with plexiglass, if it's too expensive or close to, im just going to buy the one in post from Ebay.

Thanks again peeps.

Thanks for the response.

I had "googled" the options, of course, but nothing I am looking for was coming up.

Those you see when searching these words will not fit the stand inside, you can only use the provided "groove" to hold the coin.

I communicated with some retailers of these so called challenge coin display and they confirmed that the coin stand will not fit inside.

I am going to look into making my own with plexiglass, if it's too expensive or close to, im just going to buy the one in post from Ebay.

Thanks again peeps.

Might want to check the link I e-mailed to you. They carry tons more than 'challenge coin' cases. Many with full shelves, no grooves, designed for full shelf size use, huge assortment of shelf depths. If you can't find the size or design you have in mind there, then a DIY is in order I guess.

Baseball Cubes

Baseball Display Cases

Basketball Display Cases

Baseball Bat Racks

Bobblehead Display Cases

Belt Buckle Display Cases

Coin Display Cases

Diecast Display Cases

Flag Display Cases

Football Display Cases

Golf Ball Display Cases

Guitar Display Cases

Hockey Puck Showcases

Hot Wheels Cases

Jersey Frames

Knife Display Cases

Marble Display Cases

Medal Display Cases

Military Shadow Boxes

Pin Display Cases

Shot Glass Display Cases

Spoon Display Cases

Sword Display Cases

Thimble Display Cases

Train Display Cases

Yo-Yo Display Cases

ZIPPO Lighter Cases

Wall Sconces

Sports Card Cases

Other Display Cases

Diploma Frames

Counter Top Showcases

--------------------

Edited by nevadanick

Might want to check the link I e-mailed to you. They carry tons more than 'challenge coin' cases. Many with full shelves, no grooves, designed for full shelf size use, huge assortment of shelf depths. If you can't find the size or design you have in mind there, then a DIY is in order I guess.

could you post the link to the one you sent him? I'm interested in seeing what is available too. I might have another item for my Christmas wish list.... ;)

could you post the link to the one you sent him? I'm interested in seeing what is available too. I might have another item for my Christmas wish list.... ;)

as requested >> ... http://www.displaygifts.com/coindisplaycases.html

Thanks to all respondent.

But couldn't help trying to make one myself.

3$ picture frame

6$ Sheet of plexi

4$ can of spray paint

And voila!

ccase.JPG

Nice and small enough to be used like I wanted, more of a trophy case then a coin collection because it will be mostly achievement coins.

:D

Nice job! just a note on what I've already noticed in my home, but coins are heavy! You might want to reinforce the center of your display. maybe a riser of plexi from top to bottom that slides behind the shelves and has little grooves in it for the shelves to pass through? that stuff is tough, but mine bent over time with the weight.

Very true. A bend in the center of at least one of his shelves is evident in the pics.

Another resolution might be installing a corner brace under the edge of the shelf and fixing it to the back board. That way there wouldn't be any blocking of the shelf facing upward.