Field Notes and Twitter

DrJay

Is it the case that posting a field note via the geocaching app will never again post a tweet if the user chooses?

I don't log from my phone. I post field notes so I can do a better log from home. But I like to be able to post a Tweet that I've found it. And the user USED to be able to elect to have field notes automatically post a found it tweet. When I saw a couple months ago that the app was no longer automatically posting the tweet, I went back to posting field notes via text marks since that still did it. But now that has stopped posting tweets too. In fact, in it's response it says "unable to update twitter."

I know that you can elect to the found it tweet sent after you log it, but that doesn't suit me very well for what I want the tweet for. I want it as a real time account of when I find the cache, like it used to be.

So, has Groundspeak elected to remove that functionality, or is it something that they're working on fixing?

Edited by DrJay

Please try revoking permissions for the app on Twitter and then re-establishing them.

Not the app, but I haven't had "SMS textmarks" work in well over a month. That's where I would text in a find to be posted to Twitter using the simple command GEOC @GCNUMBER to the proper phone number. I will try to revoke permission and re-establish, and let you know what happens.

Please try revoking permissions for the app on Twitter and then re-establishing them.

"Revoking permissions for the app" - how does one do that? Do you mean access for geocaching.com? I've done that twice now, it still doesn't work. I can post to twitter from the website after I log the find there. It just won't post when I do a field note via either the app or Text Marks. I don't see a way to do anything with Twitter within the app.

Was having that exact same problem. Did as suggested and now the app does post find logs to twitter, but does not post field notes to twitter. Both show up fine on my account page when I check via browser, though. :angry:

Did field notes get the boot?

Then why does it persist in the app?

Hmmm, Ok, field notes are still in app but they are officially non-tweetable (that sound right)? Moun10Bike can you confirm?

I get that Textmarks are gone.

Thanks!

T

Did field notes get the boot?

As per post #5 by Moun10Bike, "that method of sharing has been turned off and discontinued".

Edited by team_goobie