Bought an Oregon 450t

LDB415

I just ordered an Oregon 450t for $249 with free shipping. I thought it was a good deal so I went for it. I guess it wasn't a barn burner but wasn't bad. I have a Garmin gpsmap60cx that I discovered today had leaking Duracells. I've emailed them and will see what they offer. So...

what is the consensus on the 450t?

do I need anything else to use it or is it good to go as it comes?

I'm looking forward to the larger, higher resolution screen and the touch screen. Any tips/tricks/hints I should know other than never leave batteries in it?

Fantastic choice!

The 450t at $250USD is a great GPSr at a very good price!

You will definately want to do some reading at the Garmin Oregon wiki.

Just about everything you need to know about it is there.

Make sure you make a complete backup of the unit before you do ANYTHING to it.

Then update firmware (latest is 6.10).

Get some maps at GPSFileDepot.

You will want a Sandisk uSD card for maps and other data, and some AA Eneloops (favored by most users).

I just bought a Oregon 450 to replace my 60CSx.

I am so far disappointed and will probably return it.

the screen is only a fraction of a inch bigger and the interface only slightly better.

I am researching the Montana now to see if that is a upgrade or just bigger and more expensive

I just bought a Oregon 450 to replace my 60CSx.

I am so far disappointed and will probably return it.

the screen is only a fraction of a inch bigger and the interface only slightly better.

I am researching the Montana now to see if that is a upgrade or just bigger and more expensive

You are only disappointed because you haven't spent any time realizing how much more powerful the Oregon is over the 60csx.

The Montana offers another huge jump in functionality over the Oregon.

I use my Montana 650 every day, and keep my trusty Oregon 450 for backup (never have needed it yet...).

Good Luck!

Having not received it yet I can only go by specs online. Those show the Oregon display as about 1/3 inch longer with about equal width. Not a huge difference but what appears significant is the jump in resolution from 160x240 in the 6x to 400x240 in the Oregon. Does that major jump in resolution not prove significant?