Tranfer ownership of a trackable Geocoin

ON-THE-LOOSE

I was given a gorgeous trackable geocoin as a birthday present from one of my Girl Scouts and her mother. They are new to geocaching (we earned the Geocaching Badge last year), and activated the coin before presenting it to me. Is there a way to transfer ownership of the coin? It won't be the world's worst thing if it has to stay in their name forever more. However, I'd prefer it to be in my name. We are a Mariner Girl Scout troop, so the sailboat motif was the perfect blend of two of my favorite passions. I do NOT want to do anything that might hurt their feeliings. It was a thoughtful and generous gift.

They log onto their account, and then go to www.geocaching.com/adopt/

On that page, they can transfer ownership to you.

That page takes the public reference number (TB51R64) not the tracking number, and your username.

It is entirely automated, they enter the data, an email is sent to you. As soon as you respond to that email, the item transfers to your ownership.

You will need to edit the trackable page to put your name as owner after the transfer, I believe. Nothing on the page will change

Edited by palmetto