What happened to my FINDS?

acachebox

My Geocaching Logs now only shows the last 30 days> If I select show All it only shows finds and doesn't show other logs such as Visits, Did Not Find and and maintenance note to owners.

Why the loss of history?

If your profile page always displayed all your geocaching activity history, then it would take a long time to load once you've made thousands of finds. So, it only displays your activity for the last 30 days. As you noted, if you select All, then it will show all your finds. The displayed All Finds page also will give you options to show all Did Not Finds, all Owner Maintenance, all Write Notes, etc.

My Geocaching Logs now only shows the last 30 days> If I select show All it only shows finds and doesn't show other logs such as Visits, Did Not Find and and maintenance note to owners.

Why the loss of history?

If your profile page always displayed all your geocaching activity history, then it would take a long time to load once you've made thousands of finds. So, it only displays your activity for the last 30 days. As you noted, if you select All, then it will show all your finds. The displayed All Finds page also will give you options to show all Did Not Finds, all Owner Maintenance, all Write Notes, etc.

Yes that page displays these items but it doesn't display them sequentially but rather as individual lists. I much preferred seeing ALL of my logs in sequence as it made it essay to relate things in time. Also if I have sent a maintenance note to an owner it makes it easy to track as it is right there in front of me for a while.

Are you saying that once I surpassed 300 finds the software just change the format or did something else change it and can I change it back

I much preferred seeing ALL of my logs in sequence as it made it essay to relate things in time.

That's the way it displays for me. From my profile page, under the heading "Your Logs (Last 30 Days)", there's the line "Show all logs for: Geocaches, Trackable Items, or Benchmarks". When I click on the Geocaches link, it defaults to display "All Logs" from the set of listing options. As it happens, the first 4 logs at the top of my list (the most recent) are 2 NMs and 2 DNFs, so it does show all of your logs. Is yours maybe not defaulting to "All Logs"? I can't think of why it wouldn't, though.

Why the loss of history?

Yes that page displays these items but it doesn't display them sequentially but rather as individual lists. I much preferred seeing ALL of my logs in sequence as it made it essay to relate things in time. Also if I have sent a maintenance note to an owner it makes it easy to track as it is right there in front of me for a while.

Are you saying that once I surpassed 300 finds the software just change the format or did something else change it and can I change it back

I don't think there's any way that you can change how the information is displayed in your profile.

As A-Team described, to see ALL your logs (found it, didn't find it, Needs Maintenance, Write Note, etc, go to

http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx

Under the text that says " Your Logs (Last 30 Days)", look for the next line that says:

"Show all logs for: Geocaches, Trackable Items, or Benchmarks"

The words "Geocaches, Trackable Items, or Benchmarks" are all links.

Click on "Geocaches", and you will be taken to the page where ALL the logs you have posted are shown in sequential order, starting with the latest logs posted.

Once you're on that page, you can choose to see your logs broken down by type, by clicking on the links in the text:

"Show: Attended, Didn't find it, Enable Listing, Found it, Needs Archived, Needs Maintenance, Owner Maintenance, Temporarily Disable Listing, Update Coordinates, Will Attend, Write note,"

B.

Yes I see this but I guess my question is what happened to the original display that showed everything on the same page in sequence?

:unsure: That's what we've been describing.

Go here. It lists all of your logs of all types in sequential order. This is the link both myself and Pup Patrol have been talking about. Are you saying you do not see logs other than finds in that list?

Yes I see this but I guess my question is what happened to the original display that showed everything on the same page in sequence?

Did I tip the scales when I went over 300 finds? Before that everything showed in one list or has the Mother Ship made a change?

As far as I know, your initial profile page always has shown your geocaching activity only for the last 30 days. I don't think it has anything to do with your number of finds. Perhaps you previously had only seen 30 days of activity without being aware that it was being cut off?

Did I tip the scales when I went over 300 finds? Before that everything showed in one list or has the Mother Ship made a change?

As far as I know, your initial profile page always has shown your geocaching activity only for the last 30 days. I don't think it has anything to do with your number of finds. Perhaps you previously had only seen 30 days of activity without being aware that it was being cut off?

No my question is. Up until now the original display showed ALL of my activities on the front page. This included my finds, my did not find, my drops, my grabs, and any visits I did with a Travel bug. And yes it showed far more than the last 30 days. Something has changed.

You are mistaken, sorry. The main profile page has shown the last 30 days activity only since before you became a member.

Thank you to those who helped with links to the full geocache log activity view. I recommend bookmarking it if you refer often to that list.

Wow! That is absolutely amazing that I never noticed that until today. All those other times I logged in and checked my history I must have been dreaming or clairvoyant. Well it was great while it lasted.

You are mistaken, sorry. The main profile page has shown the last 30 days activity only since before you became a member.

Thank you to those who helped with links to the full geocache log activity view. I recommend bookmarking it if you refer often to that list.

Wow! That is absolutely amazing that I never noticed that until today. All those other times I logged in and checked my history I must have been dreaming or clairvoyant. Well it was great while it lasted.

All that information still is available. As Keystone has noted, you can bookmark the page that people have shown you, if you don't want to bother with an extra click.

All that information still is available. As Keystone has noted, you can bookmark the page that people have shown you, if you don't want to bother with an extra click.

Yes All That Information is available on different pages. That was not my question. My question was and is what happened to the presentation I have seen since I joined Geocaching that showed ALL of my information one the First Page I would open. I showed finds, drops, grabs, visits in sequential order dating back well beyond 30 days. The limit was only that of how many logs would fit on the page not the results of the last 30 days.

You are all saying this never happened and that may be from your side but that was not the case on my side.

Yes All That Information is available on different pages. That was not my question. My question was and is what happened to the presentation I have seen since I joined Geocaching that showed ALL of my information one the First Page I would open. I showed finds, drops, grabs, visits in sequential order dating back well beyond 30 days. The limit was only that of how many logs would fit on the page not the results of the last 30 days.

You are all saying this never happened and that may be from your side but that was not the case on my side.

All that information is available on a single page (click here). Make a bookmark out of that link, and it will be the First Page you open. If your standard profile page lost its magical ability to show more than 30 days worth of activity, then you have my condolences. But people have been helpful and provided you with another solution. Use that information or don't. It's up to you.

All that information is available on a single page (click here). Make a bookmark out of that link, and it will be the First Page you open. If your standard profile page lost its magical ability to show more than 30 days worth of activity, then you have my condolences. But people have been helpful and provided you with another solution. Use that information or don't. It's up to you.

I appreciate Your condolences however I would have preferred a reasonable answer to a simple question.

Not sure I have been able to convey the fact that All of the information relating to my activity, finds, drops, grabs, and visits used to be presented on one page and dating back beyond 30 day. That is longer available on a single page.

If I was in fact the only person to have had access to this presentation I would suggest the rest of you ask why you never had it. It was a great way to present ones activity.

I appreciate Your condolences however I would have preferred a reasonable answer to a simple question.

Not sure I have been able to convey the fact that All of the information relating to my activity, finds, drops, grabs, and visits used to be presented on one page and dating back beyond 30 day. That is longer available on a single page.

If I was in fact the only person to have had access to this presentation I would suggest the rest of you ask why you never had it. It was a great way to present ones activity.

Unfortunately, your "simple" question keeps changing. Originally, you wanted to see not only Finds but also Visits, Did Not Finds, and Maintenance Notes. Such a page was provided to you. Now you also want that page to display drops and grabs as well. I'm sorry such a page does not exist (beyond the one that shows such activity for the last 30 days). Feel free to ask Groundspeak to create a page that meets your current desires.

Ask yourself what is more likely: (1) you were the only person who was able to see more than 30 days of activity on your standard profile page, or (2) you might have made a mistake and believed you saw more than 30 days when you actually hadn't.

I just checked a friend's account. They have fewer than 50 finds, and their standard profile page only displays their activity for the past 30 days (a subset of more than a year's worth of activity).

This is the 30 day page that has been available for quite some time, it shows every kind of log for the past 30 days, including TB drops, etc. I have around 11,000 logs over the past 8 1/2 years, I doubt that I would want ALL of them to load every time I went to that page. You happen to be mistaken, but you are free to continue to believe you are not.

919f52ad-dba1-4019-a789-1716f2cb218f.jpg?rnd=0.4230463

This is the 30 day page that has been available for quite some time, it shows every kind of log for the past 30 days, including TB drops, etc. I have around 11,000 logs over the past 8 1/2 years, I doubt that I would want ALL of them to load every time I went to that page. You happen to be mistaken, but you are free to continue to believe you are not.

919f52ad-dba1-4019-a789-1716f2cb218f.jpg?rnd=0.4230463

That is the page I am referring to. I can't believe my activity level dropped so much as to have shortened the list to it's current number of listings. Then again prostate radiation has kept me busy for the last month. Guess I will go out and test a visit.

Interesting side light. My I phone, which I had not ever check the log history on before, lists well beyond the last 30 days. Currently back to Aug 24 2012

Thanks

That still requires at least one extra click if you want to see you're myprofile page and the page that has the full activity view.

Personally, I'd like to see the 30 days limit configurable. For someone that finds a lot of caches in a month that probably gives more results that one can easily read. For someone, like me, that occasionally goes a month or more without finding a cache the 30 day limit results in a lot of empty space on my profile page. If I could set it to 90 days instead of 30 my myprofile page would have more content.

My I phone, which I had not ever check the log history on before, lists well beyond the last 30 days. Currently back to Aug 24 2012

Have you by chance been doing any back-dating of logs recently? I just did a test, and that list appears to display logs created within the last 30 days, not logs dated within the last 30 days. Just now, I posted a note on one of my logs caches and dated it with Aug 24. When I then looked at the list of logs on my profile page, it showed up as the last one at the bottom. Now that I think about it, I thought that page used to say "Your last 30 days of activity" or something, but it doesn't now.

Editing to fix typo

Edited by The A-Team

Personally, I'd like to see the 30 days limit configurable. For someone that finds a lot of caches in a month that probably gives more results that one can easily read. For someone, like me, that occasionally goes a month or more without finding a cache the 30 day limit results in a lot of empty space on my profile page. If I could set it to 90 days instead of 30 my myprofile page would have more content.

Yes considering the extent of the history and stats that this site maintains there is no reason why the profile page could not fill the page and drop off the oldest entry as new ones are posted.

There are some talented software writers involved a Geospeak considering what they have presented. It may be time to look at some of the day to day issues, simplify TB management when using an I Phone and limits on the profile page, as opposed to keeping track as to what counties you have found caches in across the country. Yes that historical information is nice to have for those trying to fill in the map but it will be a long time before most of us need that when compared to what we did in the last few months.

...portion SNIPPED... as opposed to keeping track as to what counties you have found caches in across the country. Yes that historical information is nice to have for those trying to fill in the map but it will be a long time before most of us need that when compared to what we did in the last few months.

Very interesting, I must have missed that. Please show me where Groundspeak is keeping track of our counties for us.

...portion SNIPPED... as opposed to keeping track as to what counties you have found caches in across the country. Yes that historical information is nice to have for those trying to fill in the map but it will be a long time before most of us need that when compared to what we did in the last few months.

Very interesting, I must have missed that. Please show me where Groundspeak is keeping track of our counties for us.

Premium members have access to an infinite variety of information that goes down in detail to the counties across the States that you have found caches in. It is interesting that you would ask that question since I can see your history showing details of the counties in Ohio that you have found caches in. Having seen others that have their accounts set up to show counties across the US I assume you can enact that option also.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=212690

Edited by acachebox

acachebox, your assumption is incorrect. Mr. Gang (I don't know him well enough to call him "Cheech") chose your example of counties because Groundspeak has never offered any direct functionality for keeping statistics based on counties. All examples of this which you might have seen are based on third-party programs/tools.

The statistics page on your Geocaching.com profile page is based on work done by a third party website that was then purchased by Groundspeak.