Multi caches and hiding one nearby

Teahan_family_hk

That depends on if the starting point for the multi includes a physical stage or not. If there is a physical stage (for example, a container that includes coordinates for stage 2), then no you cannot hide your geocache there. If there is no physical stage (for example, collecting numbers off a plaque or memorial to find stage 2), then yes you can hide a geocache there.

The cache types make no difference, but whether or not someone hid something there does make a difference.

Thanks - you just need to read some information to collect some numbers so that should be good for us to hide something there.

That depends on if the starting point for the multi includes a physical stage or not. If there is a physical stage (for example, a container that includes coordinates for stage 2), then no you cannot hide your geocache there. If there is no physical stage (for example, collecting numbers off a plaque or memorial to find stage 2), then yes you can hide a geocache there.

The cache types make no difference, but whether or not someone hid something there does make a difference.

The guidelines say it's OK to place your cache there, but I would consider the location taken.

Someone else has created a cache based on that spot, can't you bring me to another, different spot?

That being said, it might be funny if a hider created a series of separate multis/puzzles that all brought you by the same location at one time or another in the course of the various caches.

Hi,

I am wanting to hide a puzzle/mystery cache at a location in my local area - however it's the starting point for a multi cache in the area. The location will be the final destination. Does the 161 metre rule still apply?

Thanks.

Guidelines

1. Fundamental Placement Guidelines

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol