U.S. Benchmarks - second category reaching 10,000 waymarks

vhasler

As of today, U.S. Benchmarks was at "Total Records: 9986", thus almost reaching the 10,000 waymark milestone. Congratulations to the seven officers (all who have logged in during 2012). First waymark in this category was posted on 11/19/2005, thus roughly four per day.

Along the way, it appears that many different benchmarks have been found as placed by local governments to federal organizations. And for those who seek the older benchmarks, there are many more DNF logs over on the gc.com site.

Again thanks for hosting a fun category for those who find themselves in many locations.

Yes, congrats to the category and to all concerned.

Ummm, maybe not the best post to mention this, but, when reading about this category the question of "interesting" came to mind—in reference for the recent and ever ongoing debate as to where a proposed category is "interesting". In this context, is a disc stuck into the ground interesting? Obviously to some, perhaps not to others. Just as, for example, a Soroptimist plaque, may or may not be. The judgement depends on one's interests and what the particular item represents and symbolises. Anyway. There we go. As I said, congrats, and looking forward to the 2nd 10,000.

I think Ian's point is interesting.

Maybe others don't, but to me it is an interesting post.

Speaking of posts, and plaques, and discs and . . . .

This shows how a category that may be boring to some, can be very successful.

The key is that at least enough find the category interesting to sustain it.

Clearly there are some people who are very dedicated to benchmarks.

I think this is the beauty of the gangly thing called Waymarking--something for everyone.

That is NOT to say that there might not be a general consensus about a category's usefulness or interest, but there is a lot of room to be generous, too.

Congratulations on this benchmark.